It’s summertime, and you desperately need to advertise for your company’s cashier position. Let Ninja Gig help you optimize your online employment advertisement.
First, make sure to include all possible descriptions in your ad since these are target keywords: Sales Associate, Retail Clerk, Sales Clerk, Customer Service Clerk and Cashier.
The second part of your online job description should highlight the responsibilities of the position.
- Scanning goods
- Collecting payments
- Managing the cash register
- Handling cash transactions with customers
- Issuing receipts or refunds
- Cross-selling products and introducing new products
- Greeting customers
- Resolving any customer complaints, including guiding them by providing additional information
- Maintaining a tidy and clean checkout area
- Bagging, boxing or wrapping packages
- Managing transaction reports
Consider adding a brief paragraph to the cashier job description that summarizes the role.
We are looking for an experienced cashier to help process all cash transactions. Efficiency and accuracy are a requirement. The successful candidate will contribute to improving customer satisfaction and boost revenue growth objectives. Duties and responsibilities of this position include greeting customers, keeping reports of all cash and credit transactions and maintaining a neat and clean check out area.
Next, you will need to add the necessary requirements for the job. This will help you eliminate unqualified applicants.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in sales or as a retail cashier
- Basic knowledge of electronic equipment, such as a PC, cash register, money counters, scanners and credit card machines
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic mathematical skills
- Customer satisfaction oriented
- Sales Skills
- High school degree
By having a complete job description, your company can use Ninja Gig’s online job application to help ensure that the right talent is attracted to applying to your company. Sign up now for your 30-day free trial of the Ninja Gig employment application software, digitize your application form, and see how easy the hiring process can become by going digital!