Big business, such as Amazon, Microsoft and Google woo job candidates with remarkable benefits, perks and brand-name recognition. How can smaller employees compete with corporations for top talent?
Instead of having corporation envy, let’s consider all the things that small businesses have that corporations don’t, which will help you put together a plan of attack to recruit the top talent for your organization.
- Small business is less bureaucratic than corporations, which means there’s more one-on-one interaction with management.
- Employees have broader job descriptions in small organizations because larger companies define roles that are more specialized.
- Entrepreneurs treat employees as if they’re an extension of a large family, instead of just a documented number.
- Flexibility is paramount in small companies, which is something that some employees strongly desire.
- Smaller companies can tailor positions to candidate’s strengths, especially if they see the potential for growth in someone.
When posting positions, appeal to these traits to attract people that want to work for smaller companies.
- Executives will want equity in exchange for the risk of coming on board a smaller company. Consider profit and revenue sharing plans.
- For mid-level management, explain that the company has staying power and they have more ability to influence their team.
- Entry-level workers will want an opportunity for growth.
- Remember to highlight how individual employee’s skills contribute to the success of the business overall.
Ninja Gig makes it easy for companies of all sizes to manage their online job applications. A unique feature of Ninja Gig is that companies can sign up and pause their contract at any time, which makes it an ideal advertising vessel for small companies to use to post online employment applications. Don’t wait, sign up now for your free trial and get your online job applications in front of potential candidates now.