** To learn more about Bittersweet and our mission, please click here: https://youtu.be/eEGmuyv4Kkg
Do you have a passion for working with people? Do you get excited or happy when someone misses you and wants to know about your day? Do you have empathy for those around you? Do you work well as a team?
This could be an opportunity for you!
What you get from this experience:
· Building relationships with people with autism
· Mentoring and teaching someone to do every day responsibilities such as doing dishes, laundry, cooking meals, and being excited when there is a victory, no matter how small
· Watching and experiencing someone learn a new task or skill and being a part of the process of them learning that skill
· Going on outings to a local metro park, to get a favorite coffee drink or another preferred experience while seeing the participants get involved with the community
· Having someone excited to see you when arrive on shift after being gone for a few day
·Being a support for someone in their everyday life
• DSP Retention Bonus paid out 3x a year
· Paid training and no experience is required
· 3rd shift pay starts at $12.00 an hour
· Bi-weekly pay
· Flexible scheduling
· Assistance with getting reliable transportation, child care, affordable housing, food assistance program, counseling, learning basic computer skills, budgeting assistance, credit counseling and several other opportunities through the Employee Resource Network with a success coach
· Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
·18% cell phone carrier employee discount
Bittersweet Farms is a private non-profit that offers several different services for adults and adolescents with autism in an agricultural community. Our unique model offers individuals with autism supports that allow them to grow and to develop their abilities and talents in an agricultural setting. Bittersweet fully supports the needs of individuals with autism while they are at home, to work, and in the community.
What are we looking for?
Bittersweet is seeking full time and part-time employees to work third shift to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience. A rewarding career path for those interested in disability studies, nursing, health care, social work/ social services, education, direct care, home health and those with a desire to help others.
Requirements: High school Diploma or GED
*Responsibilities of Direct Support Professionals:
• Third shift spends 90% of position cleaning and 10% providing direct care to participants
• Provide person-centered supports which requires flexibility, creativity and commitment
• Work in partnership with participants
• Promote communication, choice, independence, socialization, and empowerment for the participants
• Provide accurate documentation of services provided
• Ability and willingness to verbally de-escalate crisis situations
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.