Help us redefine what is possible with Autism! Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides direct care through residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in Lima, OH.
Bittersweet is seeking employees to work as Direct Support Professional / caregiver to help enrich lives. Caregivers and DSP's make a difference through teaching, mentoring and positively impacting the lives of individuals with autism and developmental disabilities. Working in direct care, you will help individuals to develop skills in horticulture, culinary activities, art, and more. Enjoy the outdoors on our working farm, hiking in Oak Openings and participating in community trips.
REQUIREMENTS: High school Diploma or GED; Current Driver License; Must be able to pass both pre-employment drug screen and physical exam; No experience necessary; paid training provided!
A wonderful career path for those interested in nursing, health care, social work, social services, direct care, education, home health, and those with a genuine desire to help others.
• Starting wage from $9.40 - $10.40 per hour based on experience
• Potential to earn an additional $1 per hour within one year
• Earn an additional $0.40 per hour shift for evenings, nights, and weekends
• Flexible part time and full time scheduling
• First shift available
• Benefits package and paid holidays available based on job status
Responsibilities of Direct Support Professionals:
• Provide person-centered supports which requires flexibility, creativity and commitment
• Work in partnership with participants
• Document service delivery accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner
• Promote communication, choice, independence, socialization, and empowerment for the participants as a caregiver
Skills of Direct Support Professionals and Caregivers:
• Possess and uses empathy in all actions and interactions
• Effectively work in teams with co-workers and participants
• Ability to express patience in difficult situations
• Exceptional and adaptable oral communication
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.