Social media and online job postings are the new way to attract talented candidates. Human Resources professionals need to have the right points covered in these postings to make a powerful impact.
Incorporate the following key points into every job posting:
- Company – Describe the company and their brand. Based on this opening introduction, applicants will decide if they want to apply for a job.
- Benefits – Highlight the benefits that the company offers, including vacation, insurance packages and retirement. Benefits are very important to employees. This is also a good place to highlight unique perks that the company may offer, such as flex-time, working from home, etc.
- Location – The location of the company is also important. Always include the city and state. The Internet is a powerful resource and people can be searching for jobs worldwide.
- Job Title – The job title should be clear and concise, so anyone outside the company can clearly understand the position.
- Job Duties – Provide a description of the day-to-day job duties. It is important to sell the position or companies will not receive qualified candidates’ applications. Highlight long-term benefits, chances for advancement and include detailed descriptions.
- Skills – List the specific skills required for the position, as this will help human resources departments weed out unqualified candidates.
- Training and Experience – If a certain type of training, a level of education or work experience is required, include this in the advertisement.
- Pay Range – The position should clearly highlight a salary range. Studies show that job listings that do not include salary information will result in two-thirds of qualified applicants not applying.
- Call to Action – Make it very clear what the interested applicant is to do next – whether it’s filled out an online job application, dropping off a resume, emailing human resources, visiting the website, etc.
- Keywords – Today’s online job searches are directed by keywords, so it is important to include them the job title, job description and skills listings. This can help optimize a company’s search engine marketing.
- Formatting – Make the job description clear and easy to read. Include bullet points and make a call to action item stand out.
- Grammar – Always make sure there are no misspellings, excess jargon and that grammar is good.
Follow these basic tips and use Ninja Gig to accept online job applications. We specialize in helping human resources departments simplify job applications, while targeting qualified candidates. Sign up today for a 30-day, no obligation, free trial!