Now that you’ve hired employees for your cleaning company, you need to spend the time to train them. When you properly train your employees, you automatically boost your employee retention rate because happy employees are likely to stay with companies longer.
- Determine Learning Styles – Every person learns differently, which means that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to teaching. Some people are visual learners where as others are auditory learners and there is nothing wrong with either group. The best way to teach new employees is to utilize a variety of these methods, such as incorporating written and verbal instructions with demonstrations. See what works best and refine this method over time when teaching new employees.
- Role Playing – To help train employees, utilize role-playing to practice and reinforce what is and is not acceptable on the job. Simulation is one of the most effective training techniques. This involves showing employees how to do a task and then allowing them to practice or repeat the task in a controlled, safe environment. If the job requires interpersonal skills, lead the employee through role-playing modules.
- Be a Role Model – To be taken seriously, employers need to be good role models for their employees. Don’t take shortcuts or exhibit behaviors that you don’t want your employees to emulate. Role modeling is never a substitute for training, but merely reinforces the training you give your employees.
- Training Opportunities – Always be on the lookout for new training opportunities to help boost your employees’ skills and performance levels.
- Real-Life Scenarios – Whenever possible, use real-life training scenarios instead of hypothetical situations. However, it’s probably best to avoid letting your customers know if they are a training experience for your employees or organization.
- Questions – Not all employees know how to ask questions, so make sure you anticipate in advance the types of questions that employees may have, not be comfortable asking and address them.
- Feedback – Make sure that employees know you value their feedback. Let them know that you want to improve the training and techniques and that you open and appreciate the constructive information.
Ninja Gig offers the convenience of online employment applications. Online job hiring can be a daunting, overwhelming experience, but with Ninja Gig you can create a job application online that gets noticed by people looking or a job. Sign up now for a 30-day free trial of our easy to use application software and see how simple hiring can become.