The latest list of in-demand jobs for 2019 is here! Here are some of the top highlights and jobs that will dominate the workforce this year and into the next several years.
Top In-Demand Jobs
- Home Health Aides – With an aging baby boomer population, it’s becoming more important for home health care. Whether someone is disabled, cognitively impaired or chronically ill, home health aides can assist in allowing people to stay in the comforts of their homes, bathing and dressing clients and even do light errands or housekeeping.
- Medical Assistants – The healthcare industry is one of the fastest growing job markets, and experts anticipate that by 2024, medical assistants will grow by 138,900 jobs. Medical assistants top in-demand jobs because they are responsible for examining and treating patients that are under a physician’s care, which may include interviewing patients, getting their vitals and documenting information.
- Computer Systems Analyst – In our computer and technology filled age, it’s no wonder that IT jobs are still among the fastest growing industries. Computer system analysts are responsible for researching, analyzing and modifying any necessary programming systems, which may include debugging or offering support for companies’ computer systems. This position may also help assist technical writers in writing manuals for installation and operating systems.
- Medical Secretaries – Different from medical assistants, medical secretaries provide pre-authorization and certifications from insurance companies for patients, support clinic staff and provide patients with information about procedure costs. They may also type dictation notes, screen callers, answer telephones, greet visitors and relay messages.
- Software Developers – Software developers help to design, create and develop software applications, which is a significant market for computers and phone apps. This position usually requires a degree and related area experience.
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists – These careers are increasing in demand because they help analyze and evaluate programs or products to see if there is a market share. It also requires pouring over data to understand customer trends.
- Nursing – This field includes nursing assistants, licensed practical nurses, licensed vocational nurses and registered nurses. Nursing as a whole is an expanding profession, especially with Baby Boomers needing age-related care. The only position that doesn’t require a degree and advanced training is nursing assistants. The remaining fields require an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- Restaurant Cook – The market expects to see 158,900 new jobs for restaurant cooks by 2024 alone! The restaurant business continues to boom, especially with apps such as Yelp, Open Table, GrubHub and Uber Eats gaining traction in the marketplace.
- Electrician – As we invent new electrical equipment, electricians are in increasing demand. Electricians are responsible for installing, repairing, inspecting and maintaining electronic systems, electrical, circuits and related equipment.
- Construction Laborer – Constructor laborers perform repairs and maintenance for carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine servicing, plastering, electrical and even vehicle servicing.
Learn more about top in-demand jobs.
To help your company stay on top of the latest hiring trends, you want to attract the best and brightest talent for the position. Ninja Gig specializes in custom online employment applications. For a flat monthly rate, you can use Ninja Gig and customize UNLIMITED online job applications. Sign up now for your free trial and start getting your online job applications in front of potential candidates in this New Year.