The busy holiday rush is just around the corner, and many companies are scrambling to hire contract or seasonal employees. Often this last-minute hiring frenzy is stressful and daunting. If you’re looking to hire seasonal employees, here are some tips to help companies survive this busy time of year:
- Concise Job Description – When creating a job description for seasonal work, accurately describe the duties and clearly state that the position is seasonal, part-time or contract.
- Social Media – Having a strong social media presence that supports employees and defines a company’s culture is also essential when trying to attract the best talent. Keep in mind that seasonal positions can help determine an employee’s work habits and values and lead to more long-term advancement opportunities. Today’s teens continuously check their social media pages, making it an ideal application to post job openings.
- Employee Referrals – Implement an employee referral program to help incentivize current employees to help refer potential applicants so you can hire seasonal employees. Whether it’s offering a cash bonus or a gift card reward, employers can disperse the referral incentives after the new hire finishes the season.
- Job Fair – Job fairs are a great way to find and hire seasonal employees and allow employers to meet many prospective applicants and communicate with them in a short time frame. If participating in a job fair, begin planning to advertise approximately two weeks to maximize the reach and exposure.
- Vet Candidates – Once companies have a good pool of solid candidates, review each applicant’s resume, references and conduct a background check, if necessary. Remember to ask questions during the interview that focus on different scenarios or situations to determine how the applicants react under pressure.
Ninja Gig can make hiring seasonal employees effortless and painless. Sign up now for your free trial and customize your online job applications to save you valuable time by including sections for resumes, references, background check information and even an area for brief essay questions.