Community Health Worker is an extension of Primary Care. CHW will complete individual needs assessments in the health clinic, along with agency office, client's homes and other community venues as appropriate. The CHW will also conduct Screening Brief Intervention and Referral Treatment (SBIRT) screenings. Responsible for engaging clients; implementing screening tools; identify areas of need; develop action plans; ensure referrals are made to appropriately matched services; provide ongoing support and monitoring.
• Bachelor degree required, Community Health Worker Certification preferred.
• Ability to meet all requirements to be certified as a Community Health Worker within the first 6 months of employment.
• Spanish bilingual preferred.*
• Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
• Ability to work independently and as an interdependent team member.
• Ability to provide services in client's homes, primary health care sites and community locations and at other agency sites.
• Ability to have a flexible schedule to include some evenings.
• Prior experience in behavioral health and/or crisis intervention preferred.
*Bilingual community health workers are eligible to receive a Sign-on Bonus in the amount of $500 within 6 months of employment!!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities.
At FSRI you can make a difference in the lives of youth, families and communities by delivering innovative programs to meet the needs of our clients. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative and supportive environment, we hope you will explore a career with us. We believe that employment is a partnership - your success is our success. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities!