Your daily responsibilities include:
* Follow recipes to prepare and/or cook food to meet departmental standards or as directed.
* Measure and convert recipes without affecting quality.
* Perform assigned function within the kitchen such as broiler, sauté, Asian, prep and production when needed.
* Accepts direction during day to day operations to ensure culinary standards and operational guidelines including kitchen areas, food preparation activities and facilities are met.
* Efficient preparation of all food related items based on established recipes and plating procedures for both batch and individual plated with attention to maintaining appropriate volume, quality, cleanliness and attractiveness.
* Knowledge/understanding of kitchen equipment to include safe operations and regulation of temperatures for proficient cooking times and temperatures.
* Understands fundamentals of soups, sauces, starches, thickeners and emulsifiers.
* Must adhere to regulatory, department and company policies.
* Partners with culinary leadership to work as a team to ensure coordinated work flow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
* Must be familiar with and have exposure to prep list.
* Take inventories.
* Exhibit intermediate knife skills, classic cuts and sharpening.
* Attend all departmental and company training programs or meetings as directed.
* Properly maintains, cleans and sanitizes equipment and work areas to meet departmental standards or as directed.
* Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
* Meet department uniform, appearance and grooming requirements. This includes purchasing and wearing slip resistant safety shoes when performing all job duties.
* Perform other job related and compatible duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* A minimum of one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for assigned function
* Must be able to acquire and maintain appropriate gaming license