NOW HIRING: MAINTENANCE $16/hr to $40/hr, part time/full time, depending on experience.
This job process used to fill positions once available.
SUMMARY: The roll of the Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the entire self storage property and rental homes in a safe, attractive, comfortable condition and assist in other types of maintenance when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
A. Corrective Maintenance
1. Satisfies service requests per work order, following company procedures:
Inspects and addresses maintenance concerns
Cleans up thoroughly;
Observes condition of storage units and the property and reports any unusual circumstances
Reports to supervisor about work performed.
2. Assists with make-ready procedures:
Adjusts doors and tracks
Routinely services gates and man-gates
Checks bait stations
Sweeps, blows parking lot
Cleans carpets, windows, appliances;
Services appliances, plumbing, electrical fixtures;
Repairs or replaces old faulty parts;
Replaces burned out light bulbs.
B. Preventative Maintenance
1. Makes regular inspections of grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances and major
Checks for appearance and cleanliness;
Checks for structural cracks;
Checks for excessive wear;
Checks for faulty parts.
2. Makes repairs or replacements, as necessary and with approval of the Resident Manager
C. Emergency Maintenance:
1. Is on call for emergency duties when assigned;
2. Is familiar with power, water and gas turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants;
3. Knows emergency telephone number (e.g., police , fire department, Resident Manager);
1. Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment and supplies;
2. Picks up trash on property;
3. Reports all needed repairs to the Manager;
4. Assists with other types of maintenance when necessary;
5. Attends all instructional classes conducted by management;
6. Trains subordinate for this position.
7. Responds to emergency maintenance issues after hours if needed
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES– This position may carry supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school education or equivalent.
2. Full-time maintenance experience.
3. Own transportation.
4. Own tools.
5. Familiarity with electricity, plumbing and carpentry.
6. Working knowledge of HVAC systems and various appliances.
7. Appearance and manner must be compatible with the image of the property.
8. Is dependable
9. Good safety habits.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS (reading, writing, typing etc.) Must be able to speak to tenants and maintain good
working relations with other staff members, tenants and supervisor as well as any contract laborers working on the
REASONING ABILITIES - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand;
walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, may be required to
perform repetitious movements for long periods of time in order to complete a task, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and
taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The
worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill
presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical or skilled
trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics,
etc., must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive.
General office environment as well as outdoor environment. Exposure to weather—heat, wet, cold, wind, and noise.
Must sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, climb, crouch, reach, handle, see, hear and talk (Constantly). Lift, carry, push and
pull up to 50 lbs. (Frequently). Items that are over 50 lbs. must be lifted, carried, pushed, pulled, or moved with proper
equipment for assistance (dolly) and proper safety procedures must also be followed. Exposure to chemical or
mechanical/electrical items (Frequently).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.