Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) is seeking individuals who want to gain hands-on experience working in one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic industries at Los Angeles International (LAX) and Van Nuys (VNY) airports. LAWA is now accepting applications for Community and Administrative Support Workers (CASWs). This opportunity is provided by LAWA’s Human Resources.
To be eligible, you must be:
1. At least 18 years old
2. Able to physically report to work (no telecommuting allowed)
3. Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
4. Available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 7am to 4pm).
Summary of Job Duties:
CASWs perform a variety of unskilled duties such as reception, photocopying, filing, advising citizens of services or programs available, data entry, typing, recordkeeping, delivery services, or other activities in support of LAWA based programs.
The specific duties include:
• Assisting Human Resources and Risk Management in coordinating and distributing COVID-19 testing at LAX and VNY airports. The COVID-19 tests are self-administered by the employee so you will only be responsible for distributing test materials. Additionally, we provide the appropriate gear in accordance with Cal OSHA standards to assure your safety.
• Performing supply inventory, administrative and other organizational tasks.
• Assisting with database management.
• Other duties as duties are subject to change.
Preferred Qualifications to apply:
- Currently enrolled in a University/College or Recent College Graduate
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated office skills
- Ability to adapt to new environments and learn new skills
Community and Administrative Support Workers (CASWs)
• CASW is a Community Administrative Support Worker. It is a part-time, exempt job classification. No civil service test is needed to hire employees into this class.
• CASWs are limited to 1039 hours or one year, whichever is sooner. No extensions will be granted nor re-hiring.
• CASWs qualify for compensated personal time off (CPTO) after working 500 hours and having six months of service (cannot have more than a 6 week continuous break in employment).
• CASWs receive no medical/dental benefits.
• CASWs must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 7am to 4pm).
Applications will be accepted through Ninjagig (https://lawa.ninjagig.com/) and will be reviewed based on qualifications.
Selected candidates will be scheduled for follow-up meeting.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) is the City of Los Angeles department that owns and operates Los Angeles International (LAX) and Van Nuys (VNY) general aviation airports, as well as aviation-related property in Palmdale. Both play an integral role in helping to meet the Southern California regional demand for passenger, cargo and general aviation service. Both airports make a distinct contribution to the strength of the system as it provides a high level of safety, security and service for its customers, communities and stakeholders.
LAX is the fourth busiest airport in the world, second in the United States, and was named one of Skytrax’s 2017 Top 10 Most Improved Airports. LAX served more than 80.9 million passengers in 2016. LAX offers 737 daily nonstop flights to 100 cities in the U.S. and 1,386 weekly nonstop flights to 88 cities in 44 countries on 73 commercial air carriers. LAX ranks 14th in the world and fifth in the U.S. in air cargo tonnage processed, with more than 2.2 million tons of air cargo valued at over $101.4 billion. LAX handled 697,138 operations (landings and takeoffs) in 2016.
An economic study based on 2014 operations reported LAX generated 620,600 jobs in Southern California with labor income of $37.3 billion and economic output (business revenues) of more than $126.6 billion. This activity added $6.2 billion to local and state revenues and $8.7 billion in federal tax revenues. The study also reported that LAX’s ongoing capital-improvement program creates an additional 121,640 annual jobs with labor income of $7.6 billion and economic output of $20.3 billion, $966 million in state and local taxes, and $1.6 billion in federal tax revenues.
LAX is also the second most popular airport in the world to appear on Instagram according to wego.com. LAX is part of a system of two Southern California airports – along with Van Nuys general aviation – that are owned and operated by Los Angeles World Airports, a proprietary department of the City of Los Angeles that receives no funding from the City’s general fund.
For more information about LAX, please visit www.lawa.aero/lax or follow on Twitter @flyLAXAirport, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LAInternationalAirport, and on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/laxairport1. Information about LAX’s ongoing multi-billion-dollar LAX Modernization Program, as well as tips and shortcuts to help navigate LAX during construction, are available at https://www.flylax.com.