The Stitcher will operate a sewing machine to join, reinforce, decorate, or perform
related sewing operations in the manufacture of high-end textile products. This person
will need to set up equipment and materials, follow work procedures, and utilize
different models of sewing machines while adhering to Matouk production quality
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
● Handling and moving objects and material.
● Consistently inspecting equipment, structures, or material.
● Operate & control sewing machinery.
● Communicating with supervisors & peers.
● Performing basic physical activities.
● Clean production equipment and workspace daily.
● Compare physical characteristics of materials or products to Matouk standards.
● Feed materials or products into or through equipment.
● Inspect garments for defects, damage, or stains and correct any issues.
● Maneuver workpieces through equipment during production.
● Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify
conformance to specifications.
● Mount attachments, materials, or tools onto production equipment.
● Position patterns on equipment, materials, or workpieces.
● Remove accessories, tools, or other parts from equipment.
● Remove products or workpieces from production equipment carefully.
● Recognize and repair inconsistencies in the textiles.
● Recognize worn equipment components and replace or have replaced.
● Select production input materials.
● Trim excess material from workpieces.
● Monitor operating equipment to detect malfunctions.
● Strong dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
● Ability to control moving sharp objects like needles.
● Ability to multitask & prioritize tasks.
● Time management.
● Flexibility to move from one assignment to another as dictated by business
● Ability to focus and have great attention to detail.
● Read and follow production work orders.
● Ability to work both independently and on a team to complete assignments.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
● 2nd shift - 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM M-F (overtime possible)
● Training on 1st shift 6:45 AM to 3:15 PM
Sound Level: Moderate
Matouk is a leading maker of finely crafted luxury linens and home accessories for passionate and discerning consumers around the world. Headquartered in Fall River, MA, Matouk strives to create beautiful, rich quality products with exceptional service and lifestyle fulfillment. It takes great pride in providing exemplary environments, experiences and services to employees, vendors and customers.
Beliefs in Action
OUR PURPOSE is to enrich the lives of our customers and their families by
creating the most beautiful and beloved collection of bed and bath linens.
The following core beliefs reinforce our purpose and define the values
and actions of our colleagues in our everyday work.
WE BELIEVE that a promise from Matouk to our customers is included with each and
every product that we sell. Everything we produce will meet the highest standards for
excellence in quality and design. We will always select the best materials and utilize
the optimal manufacturing techniques. And each customer who buys a Matouk
product will be valued, listened to and given the best long-term experience possible.
WE BELIEVE in a company that takes care of its employees and employees who
take care of the company and each other. We treat our co-workers as individuals and
consider employee impact in all of our business decisions. Matouk workplaces will be
environments where productivity lives in harmony with creativity, trust, safety and
comfort. We will work with a sense of profound commitment to the company’s
purpose while dedicating equal spirit towards bringing out the best in one another.
WE BELIEVE in mutually beneficial relationships with all of our business partners.
Our interactions with suppliers, distributors, and retailers are characterized by
fairness, honesty, and respect. We seek out partners with whom we share vision and
values. Our employees are committed to business practices that result in shared
success for all.
WE BELIEVE that creative thinking and innovation will guide us to a future of
success and growth. We foster a creative environment in our workplaces and nurture
a creative mindset in our employees. We encourage innovative approaches to
problem solving at every level of the organization. While we honor our heritage and
the greatest legacies of our past, we simultaneously embrace the changes required
to maintain leadership and competitiveness in the future.