For nearly 100 years, Matouk has handcrafted luxury linens from the world’s finest materials. Our factory in Fall River, MA is home to a tight-knit family of artists, craftspeople and business professionals who are uniquely attuned to the needs of American consumers, earning the loyalty of generations of customers. As a third generation family-owned company, we maintain long-term relationships by being fair and committed to our employees, customers and vendors.
Matouk is seeking a Quality & EHS Manager, primarily responsible for the development and deployment of the Quality Management System as well as the Environmental, Health, and Safety program. The Quality & EHS Manager will also be responsible for maintaining compliance with federal and state environmental and safety regulations, fostering a culture of zero injuries, and driving improvement in quality performance in order to meet the customer’s expectations.
• Develop, deploy, and lead the Quality Management System for Matouk’s US-based manufacturing facility and global contract manufacturers
• Establish and document critical to quality specifications for every product; create and update Quality Management System procedures including SOP’s
• Sustain the Quality Management System by completing product, process, and compliance audits and resolving non-conformances
• Investigate customer complaints utilizing root cause analysis tools; facilitate the application of corrective actions
• Develop new product specifications with the Product Development group including manufacturing and training methods
• Develop, implement and maintain a Quality organizational structure capable of supporting strategic initiatives; integrate and develop into short and long-term business plans
• Manage the development, implementation, and use of Quality metrics in all levels of the organization
• Analyze key quality-related operational metrics related to Matouk, supplier, and customer systems
• Perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at the operational level
• Facilitate and lead the Quality Management Pillar Team to drive operational excellence and the deployment of continuous improvement projects
• Develop and maintain EHS policies, procedures, and methods
• Provide technical expertise, guidance and coaching on all EHS matters
• Drive and sustain a comprehensive and pro-active safety culture
• Develops EHS processes and procedures that reduce accidents, injuries and losses; prevent regulatory violations
• Develop and deliver EHS training programs
• Facilitate and lead Plant Safety Pillar Team to drive operational excellence in this area
• Review all safety incidents, conducts root cause investigations, report findings, and facilitate implementation of corrective actions
• Develop, implement and coordinate all Fire Prevention/Protection and Ergonomic programs including all required training, recordkeeping, monitoring and reporting programs and results
• Track, approve and maintain chemical inventories for hazard notification, reporting requirements and Material Safety Data Sheet system updates
• Ensure all EHS issues identified during internal/external audits are resolved
• Oversee and maintain OSHA Forms 300 recordkeeping requirements
• Submit all regulatory reports on time to ensure site compliance with all state and federal environmental regulations
• Oversee the collection of data necessary to complete required reports timely and accurately
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field required; Master’s Degree in technical field preferred
• 5+ years’ experience quality management/supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment
• Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a textile-related manufacturing environment preferred
• 3+ years’ experience proven leadership in an EHS program
• Expertise in problem solving methodologies, root cause analysis, and continuous improvement techniques
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required (both written and verbal)
• Six-Sigma/Lean Manufacturing Green Belt Certification preferred
• ASQ CQE or CQT or CQA preferred
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Matouk is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Matouk discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.
Matouk is a leading maker of finely crafted luxury linens and home accessories for passionate and discerning consumers around the world. Headquartered in Fall River, MA, Matouk strives to create beautiful, rich quality products with exceptional service and lifestyle fulfillment. It takes great pride in providing exemplary environments, experiences and services to employees, vendors and customers.
Beliefs in Action
OUR PURPOSE is to enrich the lives of our customers and their families by
creating the most beautiful and beloved collection of bed and bath linens.
The following core beliefs reinforce our purpose and define the values
and actions of our colleagues in our everyday work.
WE BELIEVE that a promise from Matouk to our customers is included with each and
every product that we sell. Everything we produce will meet the highest standards for
excellence in quality and design. We will always select the best materials and utilize
the optimal manufacturing techniques. And each customer who buys a Matouk
product will be valued, listened to and given the best long-term experience possible.
WE BELIEVE in a company that takes care of its employees and employees who
take care of the company and each other. We treat our co-workers as individuals and
consider employee impact in all of our business decisions. Matouk workplaces will be
environments where productivity lives in harmony with creativity, trust, safety and
comfort. We will work with a sense of profound commitment to the company’s
purpose while dedicating equal spirit towards bringing out the best in one another.
WE BELIEVE in mutually beneficial relationships with all of our business partners.
Our interactions with suppliers, distributors, and retailers are characterized by
fairness, honesty, and respect. We seek out partners with whom we share vision and
values. Our employees are committed to business practices that result in shared
success for all.
WE BELIEVE that creative thinking and innovation will guide us to a future of
success and growth. We foster a creative environment in our workplaces and nurture
a creative mindset in our employees. We encourage innovative approaches to
problem solving at every level of the organization. While we honor our heritage and
the greatest legacies of our past, we simultaneously embrace the changes required
to maintain leadership and competitiveness in the future.