Assistant Project Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Entry level
Williams Construction LLC, an established General Contractor, is currently searching for an Assistant Project Manager to effectively work with our team as well as Owners, Architects, and Subcontractors in designing and building custom homes on the island of Kauai. The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting the Project Manager, Jobsite Superintendent, and Jobsite Foreman in the completion of custom home projects. This role will assist in overseeing all aspects of the project, from start to finish, whether in the field or the office. This will be done by coordinating with Williams Construction field crew members, subcontractors, design staff and Owners/Developers. This position will offer the candidate a full understanding of construction and construction techniques utilized in custom residential projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist in providing all required construction administration services (construction site visits, preparation of field reports and schedules, processing change orders, shop drawing review and project close-out)
• Research any and all construction related information as required
• Assist the Project Manager with allocating all resources needed for the completion of the project which includes building permits, licenses, materials, and equipment
• Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to ensure our construction teams have the materials they need onsite
• Assist with developing Owner Contracts and Subcontractor Agreements under the direct supervision of the Project Manager
• Provide liaison services between field and office, filling in and helping where needed
• Support and adhere to the project schedule
• Maintain records and logs (including, but not limited to phone, drawing, sketch, contact, etc.)
• Prepare and archive meeting agendas, record meeting minutes
• Participate in jobsite, subcontractor and owner meetings as needed
• Assist in all aspects of construction including manual labor at times, as needed
• Completing any tasks assigned by the Project Manager, Project Superintendent, and Jobsite Foreman in an efficient and timely manner
• Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent with any and all outstanding punch list and warranty items as required on various projects if needed
• Create Operational and Maintenance Manuals and warranty documents for the customer at project close-out
• Become a strong leader and assist the Project Manager by motivating Williams Construction field crew members and subcontractors onsite
• College or work experience in Construction Management or similar field.
• Applicable internships or field experience preferred
• Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel and Adobe required. Experience with Dropbox, Google File Stream, Planswift, Chief Architect, AutoCAD, etc is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Must possess the ability to follow directions and take the initiative when required
• Extremely organized with an attention to great detail
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret construction plans, schematics, blueprints, drawings, formal submittals, and technical manuals
• Knowledge of architectural, construction and design techniques
• Ability to manage daily project tasks as well as having clarity of foresight
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure and self-manage multiple projects at the same time
• Team Player willing to assist all other team members when needed
• Capable of managing multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast paced environment
• Ability to manage and work with diverse groups of individuals
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• In addition, the ideal candidate must be flexible, self-motivated, and willing to learn new skills.
• The established pay range for this position is $55,000 - $65,000 annually, based on actual field experience. Candidates with no or limited field experience should expect to start at the bottom of the range. Performance and compensation will be reviewed every 6 months.
• 2 weeks paid vacation
• 401K with matching is available after 1 year of continuous employment
• New hires are eligible to select from medical benefits after 4 consecutive weeks of employment.
• Promotional opportunities are available.
Do not reply to this posting or call our office.
Please submit an online application along with resume and cover letter.
Williams Construction LLC is a Kauai, Hawaii, based residential construction company. We are a full service, licensed, general contracting company based on the east side of Kauai, servicing the entire island.
We are a custom home builder and specialize in ground-up construction as well as renovations, add-ons and remodeling. We use only high quality materials and the most reputable subcontractors. We pride ourselves in our excellent workmanship, attention to detail, customer relations, and organizational skills to guarantee an enjoyable building experience.
To provide a value-oriented, pleasant and superior building experience paired with an excellent product with unrivaled quality. We believe in surpassing clients’ expectations and making customer satisfaction paramount. We maintain the highest levels of professionalism, reliability and honesty in our relations with clients, vendors, subcontractors and professional associates.
For more information, please visit www.WilliamsConstructionKauai.com