Looking for a laser/punch press operator to join our fabrication team! Previous experience in operating punch press or turret presses, or lasers preferred but not required-willing to train those with other metals manufacturing/mechanical background.
• Position will be trained to run/set-up & troubleshoot fiber lasers & sheet metal punch presses- will work between both cells based on production needs
• Review all part prints, interpret tolerance/critical features
• Analyze best sheet utilization, & tool requirements/sequence of operations-review job completion practicality with department leads as needed
• Programming - Create or edit punch press programs as needed
• Check completed programming through simulations or tests
• Trouble shoot as necessary
• Review/modify existing programs to increase job efficiency, set-up/operating time, identify improvements in sequence of operations
• Opportunity to be trained in programming as skill progresses
• Monitor programming and inspect completed parts to ensure parts meet print, template, model, sample specifications
• Operate, load, troubleshoot Trumph Punch equipment & assist in training operators on all shifts to ensure accuracy & to meet customer due dates
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience in setting up/operating lasers, punch presses, or turret presses preferred
• Any experience programming punch presses or lasers is a bonus
• Able to read and interpret prints tolerance independently
• Highly detail orientated
• Comfortable making decisions and problem solving independently
• Able to use and read mics, calipers, gauges, and templates
Every year here WMPI we evaluate and work improve the benefits we can offer our people. We are proud here at WMPI to keep our peoples’ interests at the forefront our minds and hope that we can continue to make a difference in the world by putting our people first and keeping business simple by honoring the "Golden Rule." Check out our benefits and core values:
Open book Management
Respect, & Servant Leadership
Flexible work hours for all positions
Multiple Medical Plan Options, Broad Network, & Dental & Vision Insurance
FSA with annual rollover, & $0 Fee HSA Banking Partner
Company Paid Life Insurance & Supplemental Life Option
Matching 401K/Retirement Plan
Semi-Annual Bonus Program
Generous vacation plan: 2 weeks after 1 year, 3 weeks after 3 years, 4 weeks after 7 years, 5 weeks after 10 years
Paid Holidays, Funeral Leave PTO, Jury Duty PTO
Monthly Cash Bonus Incentive
Substantial shift premium and paid lunch for 2nd & 3rd shift
Weekly Group Workouts
Personal Finance Coach
24-hour Fitness Center
Annual Health Risk Assessment
Entry Fee Reimbursement for athletic events/competitions
Core values peer recognition program
On the job and cross training opportunities
Virtual technical training resources
Continuous education cost reimbursement
Emphasis on professional and personal development
Tool buying program to support personal investment into the tools of the manufacturing trade!
Apply today to join the family!
WISCONSIN METAL PARTS, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Wisconsin Metal Parts, Inc. that all personnel actions are conducted in a manner that provides equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees. Every effort is taken to ensure that employees and prospective employees are treated fairly and their civil rights protected.
Wisconsin Metal Parts, Inc. is an industry leader in manufacturing solutions. We offer Prototype and Production services of producing metal stampings and machined components. We design and build metal stamping dies and inspection gages and fixtures. We provide metal stampings and machined components in quantities from 1 piece to millions of pieces.
WMPI is an honest, trustworthy and ethical company. We keep business simple and just honor the "Golden Rule". We realize our people are what make us successful and we appreciate them, treat them with respect, make their job fun and reward them for their performance.
Incomplete or partially completed applications will not be considered.