At Alloy, we are always looking for passionate, motivated and proactive individuals to become a part of our winning team. We value people who are self-starters and problem solvers, love to work in culturally diverse teams, and are eager to learn and grow in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
We currently have an opening for Polisher & Buffer.
REPORTS TO: MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR FOR THIS AREA
FUNCTION: Polish and de-burr parts. Performs shop assistance tasks as directed by Supervisor and required by workload.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives instructions from Supervisor
2. Reads routing for operation descripion, checks for proper part and quantity, and reviews Engineering drawings
3. For familiar work, selects proper machine or hand-held tool and sanding or polishing attachment as required
4. For unfamiliar work, consults supervisor or designated Class 07 Polisher & Buffer for instructions before starting job, or performs operation per routed instruction and has first piece inspected by Supervisor or designated instructor to use as sample
5. Polishes or deburrs by applying controlled pressure to part with proper hand-held tool
6. Lathe polishing requires a chucking part, activating lathe to rotate part and polishing with a hand-held tool
7. Check finish with Profilometer per work instruction
8. Change abrasives as necessary to attain finish per specifications
9. Determines when specified part finish has been achieved, visually by experience, or with use of Profilometer
10. Required to perform all finishing operations on all parts with instruction on unfamiliar ports only
11. Maintain a neat and orderly workstation at all times.
12. Perform all tasks in a safe manner and follow established rules of conduct.
13. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent
A leader in the fabrication of stainless steel and other alloys since 1929, Alloy Products Corp. consistently meets or exceeds the most rigorous industry standards.
Portable pressure vessels or fixed pressure vessels manufactured to ASME and UN specifications are used in a variety of sanitary, industrial and general purpose applications. The pressure vessels are constructed of stainless steel and other modern alloys. These pressure vessels are designed for dispensing, mixing or storing hazardous, corrosive, high purity or flammable products to 13.8 bar (200 psi).
Today, A-P-C continues to dedicate its resources to comply with ISO 9001:2015 world-class quality certification for producing trouble-free products and “to-spec” custom parts and components.
Few manufacturing facilities can match our superior craftsmanship and quality assurance in designing and manufacturing a wide variety of stainless steel pressure vessels and containers.