At Alloy, we are always looking for passionate, motivated and proactive individuals to become a part of our winning team. We value people who are self-starters and problem solvers, love to work in culturally diverse teams, and are eager to learn and grow in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
We currently have an opening for Pressman.
REPORTS TO: MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR FOR THIS AREA
FUNCTION: Produce various blanks and shapes to Engineering specifications, from stainless steel or various materials and material thickness, using press equipment and dies provided. Perform preliminary sheet metal processing under the direction of Supervisor, or Sheet Metal Layout person. Also perform shop assistance tasks as directed by Supervisor and required by workload.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives job and routing from Supervisor
2. Under direction of Supervisor or designated Pressman Set-Up, selects proper die from die number on routing or drawing; orders die
3. Lifts die to press by hand or crane, aided by forklift provided and: aligns die, secures die to press using clamps and bolts provided
4. Adjusts for depth and clearance and obtains proper lubricant for use in forming part as directed
5. Operator required to position blank material in open die and manipulate machine controls causing die halves to close and open as required to produce formed part per routing.
6. Loosens bolts and clamps, remove die from press by hand or crane or aided by forklift
7. Sends die to storage or to Tool Maintenance Department for repair or maintenance for reasons determined by Pressman Set-Up and/or Supervisor
8. Required to operate all presses under direction of Pressman Set-Up or Supervisor, and to maintain general knowledge of all presses
9. Serve as general Sheet Metal Helper, operating shears and brakes under direction of Supervisor or Sheet Metal Layout person
10. Maintain a neat and orderly workstation at all times
11. Perform all tasks in a safe manner and follow established rules of conduct
12. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent
A leader in the fabrication of stainless steel and other alloys since 1929, Alloy Products Corp. consistently meets or exceeds the most rigorous industry standards.
Portable pressure vessels or fixed pressure vessels manufactured to ASME and UN specifications are used in a variety of sanitary, industrial and general purpose applications. The pressure vessels are constructed of stainless steel and other modern alloys. These pressure vessels are designed for dispensing, mixing or storing hazardous, corrosive, high purity or flammable products to 13.8 bar (200 psi).
Today, A-P-C continues to dedicate its resources to comply with ISO 9001:2015 world-class quality certification for producing trouble-free products and “to-spec” custom parts and components.
Few manufacturing facilities can match our superior craftsmanship and quality assurance in designing and manufacturing a wide variety of stainless steel pressure vessels and containers.