ARCO, A COMMUNITY RESOURCE is a nonprofit United Way Agency that provides services for babies and adults with developmental disabilities and their families throughout northeast Louisiana since 1954.
To provide administrative support for the ARCO Business Department, specifically the Executive Director, Resource Development, and Accounting offices. This will include the use of standard and customized software for data entry, database/spreadsheet creation and maintenance, typing, filing, and use of general office equipment. This will also include performing tasks related to communication and organization to assure the smooth operation and achievement of the agency’s business and support activities.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a motor vehicle
• Dependable transportation available on the job
• Good computer skills, at least one year of clerical experience preferred
• Good customer service skills and telephone etiquette
• Good organizational skills
• General knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading
• General knowledge of financial matters (general banking/budgeting skills)
Demonstrated ability to:
• Use Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, while working with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
• Perform clerical skills—including, but not limited to, answering multi-line phones, filing (alphabetically and/or by date), and operating office machines for photocopying, faxing, postage, typing, etc.
• Manage front desk communications while maintaining the confidentiality
• Use professional phone skills and efficiently forward messages to appropriate staff
• Use good communication skills, both oral and written
• Prioritize work according to the importance
• Transmit information electronically
• Practice safety (first aid, fire, disasters, etc.)
*NOTE: As you begin this process please know that only applications which are filled out completely and accurately will be considered.
You MUST provide a minimum of 6 business references and 3 personal references. In the event you do not have 6 business references, you must substitute additional personal references as you are completing the online application.
(A full Job Descripion and list of Essential Functions are available at ARCO's Human Resource Department, 900 N. 3rd St., Monroe, LA. ARCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.)
ARCO is a nonprofit United Way Agency that provides services for babies and adults with developmental disabilities throughout Northeast Louisiana since 1954. ARCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.