This professional provides direct oversight of supported living and personal care service delivery to assure that participant needs are met and agency and regulatory requirements are met. Develops and manages opportunities for personal growth that satisfy the needs and interests of the individuals served. Schedules direct support staff in the delivery of services. Manages and trains staff according to agency and governmental policies. Works with other management and administrative team members in the accomplishment of the goals of the program. Works with external agents such as service coordinators or regional state staff as required.
• College degree in recreation, special education, social work or related area.
• Valid Louisiana Driver’s license
Demonstrated ability to:
• Articulate and follow ARCO's philosophy.
• Use was written and oral communication skills on the post-secondary level to interpret guidelines and complete reports.
• Read and follow requirements pertaining to regulatory and funding sources.
• Plan, prepare for and conduct activities of interest to adults with IDD.
• Assure that staff is providing the services according to the overall plan of care as well as addressing the obvious day-to-day needs.
• Evaluate the interest, skill level, and learning needs of persons with IDD and engage them in participatory activities accordingly.
• Manage and teach staff.
• Identify issues of concern regarding individuals served, work issues, etc., and communicate these to those that need to know.
• Coordinate with all components of the agency and community resources.
• Drive a large van.
(A full Job Description and list of Essential Functions are available at ARCO's Human Resource Department,
3101 Mercedes Dr., Monroe, LA.)
Equal Opportunity Employer
ARCO adheres to the requirements set forth in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, which stipulate that no employee or applicant for employment shall be subject to discrimination because of their race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin, nationality, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation or identity, pregnancy status, religion, age, disability, genetic status, veteran’s status or other protected category. Fair and equal treatment will be provided to all employees and applicants in reference to all of ARCO's employment practices.