ARCO, A COMMUNITY RESOURCE is a nonprofit United Way Agency that provides services for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families throughout northeast Louisiana since 1954.
ARCO is accepting applications for a Grant Writer/Manager.
This position is responsible for providing grant writing and post-award
managing duties for ARCO.
· Research grant opportunities for ARCO projects and submit funding proposals to funding agencies for consideration.
· Maintain a current list of grant opportunities that include previous awards as well as those aligned with established organizational goals.
· Present opportunities for new funding sources and innovative approaches for review.
· Research specific requests for funding as received and compile findings for review.
· Carefully review all opportunities to ensure eligibility and application requirements.
· Develop grant-related budgets.
· Draft letters of support.
· Prepare and submit grant applications in a timely manner on behalf of ARCO to federal, state, or local governments and foundations.
· Presents informational and action items to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
· Compile data and submit reports in compliance with awarded grants.
· Work with other team members to develop a strategic grants development plan.
Knowledge Required for the Position
· Knowledge of private foundations and other private sources of grants or funding unique to individuals or businesses and the methods of application unique to each.
· Knowledge of federal and state grants, laws, and regulations as applied to human services and empowering people with developmental disabilities.
· Knowledge of the grant application process.
· Skill in interpreting contract language and government and foundation program regulations.Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Communications, English, Professional Writing, or a similar major and two years of experience as a grant writer, with successful awarding of both government and foundation funding, is preferred.
ARCO is a nonprofit United Way Agency that provides services for adults with developmental disabilities throughout Northeast Louisiana since 1954. ARCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.