The Arc of the St. Johns, Inc. is looking for a full time Supported Employment Coach to assist individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to find and retain jobs in the community. Will be working in the office and in the field, assisting with finding jobs/ training on job sites and meeting onsite/off-site for job related training activities. Good pay plus benefits package.
Must have 4 year degree with major in business, nursing, education or a social, behavior or rehabilitative science. Can have 2 year degree in fields mentioned and 2 years experience OR 4 years experience in fields mentioned.
- Field based/ working in the community
- Assisting existing clients to maintain successful employment
- to include working 3-4 mornings per week on-site at Grumman
- working at The Renaissance Hotel with our Project Search Interns
-job developing and job carving for unemployed clients
- Required to canvas new and established community businesses for opportunities
-teach pre-employment skills on occasion
- State certification provided
* looking for team player/ computer literate
*must have enhanced communication skills and be able to teach pre-placement skills to small class
* must have reliable transportation
* must be able to work with varying caseload
* ability to pass Level 2 background/ as well as high level background check for Grumman
*flexibility schedule, as may be needed to work some weekends/evenings
* complete all monthly/quarterly and annual reports on time
Our Vision — One day people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) will participate as full members of their communities, throughout their lives.
Our Mission — Provide the opportunity for hope, growth, and change to people with I/DD in our community.
Our Values — Everyone is a valued, contributing member of his or her community.
• The Arc fosters respect and protects the human rights of people with I/DD.
• Together, with a collective voice, we can accomplish more.