Bay Aging is seeking a full-time Facilities Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for
ongoing day-to-day maintenance and repairs of Bay Aging owned and/or operated property. Position requires hands-on corrective and preventive maintenance procedures. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will complete work order requests as assigned by management representatives and is required to work successfully with outside vendors and contractors. The position reports to the Facilities Maintenance Coordinator. Salary: $16.25/hr-$18/hr
1. Conduct day-to-day real property maintenance tasks to support operating with maximum reasonable economic and energy efficiency, safety, and aesthetics. The position serves as a Bay Aging maintenance representative to ensure the functioning of real property and the safety and comfort of associated residents, employees, and visitors. Duties include but are not limited to:
· interact with and support outside vendors and contractors as assigned;
· protect and preserve the confidentiality of consumers with outside vendors and
· timely completion of work orders for corrective and preventive maintenance;
· perform corrective and preventive maintenance on electrical devices/fixtures (i.e.,
diagnose, repair and/or replace issues with smoke detectors, thermostats, light
fixtures, ceiling fans, outlets, light switches, etc.);
· perform basic maintenance and inspection of HVAC units (i.e. replace filters,
diagnose heating/cooling issues, clean condenser coils, check and tighten electrical
connections, test thermostats, etc.);
· perform corrective and preventive maintenance on plumbing fixtures (i.e., replace
bobber, float, handle, or any other internal part of a toilet; unclog drains, and remove
and replace toilet, sinks, faucets, shower drains, etc.);
· perform light carpentry duties (i.e., remove and replace exterior and interior doors,
hang cabinets, repair minor water damage to sheetrock, etc.);
· perform interior and exterior surface painting and related preparation and clean-up;
· interact with Bay Aging clients, employees, visitors, and business associates in a
courteous and professional manner;
· use knowledge and experience to recommend future improvement projects.
SNOW REMOVAL AND ICE MELT
2. Support the coordination of safety improvements and preservation. This includes but is not limited to:
· determine need to report observed safety or health issues to supervisor and/or
Property Site Coordinator;
· maintain knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act, building code, fire
prevention, health, and safety requirements for licensure, accreditation,
certification, or inspections.
· participate in inspections of real property, grounds, and apartment units.
3. Respond to unplanned facility emergencies. The position conducts occasional emergency maintenance facilitation, as needed, outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
4. Occasional light cleaning duties as assigned. Light cleaning, primarily associated with
rental housing reconditioning at unit turnover and less often associated with common
areas, includes dusting surfaces, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors, wiping down
counters, collecting and removing trash, and cleaning windows.
5. Occasional light landscaping duties as assigned. Light landscaping includes applying weed
killer and trimming shrubs, hedges, evergreens, and ornamental trees.
6. Supervisory/Management Responsibilities include:
· monitor and evaluate contractor performance of duties including, but not limited to, groundskeeping, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roofing, etc., and report to supervisor;
· assist other Facilities Maintenance Technicians with additional and unforeseen issues that may arise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Rely on extensive on-the-job training and experience to accomplish the work;
· Demonstrate effective attention to detail;
· Strong customer service skills to establish and maintain trusting professional
relationships with a diverse group of individuals including clients, employees, visitors,
and business associates;
· Ability to generate comprehensible written (email, text message, letter, etc.) and
verbal (face-to-face and on the phone) communication;
· Ability to read work orders, assembly and repair manuals, emails, invoices, text
· Decision-making: Work independently when necessary;
· Understanding and awareness of regulatory and budgetary requirements of funders
(i.e., U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Virginia Housing, Virginia
Department of Housing and Community Development, Federal Transit Authority, etc.)
for property maintenance, inspections, and compliance;
· Handle a variety of tasks autonomously with regular reporting to supervisor.
Grounds-based position with significant physical requirements (ability to lift 50 lbs., walking, climbing stairs, and standing, stooping, or bending for extended periods). Frequent travel required throughout the Bay Aging service area and occasional overnight travel to attend trainings and conferences outside the Bay Aging service area. Bay Aging will provide all necessary and reasonable tools and safety equipment.
· High school or equivalency diploma
· Ability to communicate both in writing and verbally
· Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization and with those outside Bay Aging
· Ability to represent Bay Aging effectively
· Understand and respect diverse communities
· Basic computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint) and maintenance work order management software
· Minimum of two (2) years maintenance experience
FLSA status: This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, Paid Leave-Annual, Sick, & Holiday, Employee Assistance Program, after 6 months life insurance and long term disability insurance, and more.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. From time to time, the supervisor will ask job holder to perform additional duties related to the completion of the work.
Bay Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. Bay Aging is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact MaDena DuChemin, Human Resource Manager at (804) 758-2396, Ext. 1228 or email@example.com.
Bay Aging is the premier provider of programs and services allowing people of all ages to live independently in their communities for as long as possible. Formed in 1978, Bay Aging serves a predominately rural 2,600 square mile region that encompasses ten counties and two planning districts. As you will see, Bay Aging is extremely diverse in the programs it offers through three major divisions-Health/Community Living, Bay Transit, and Bay Family Housing.