Seeking PCA and C.N.A. candidates. Join Bay Aging and deliver in-home care services to maintain the health and improve the quality of life of clients so they can live safely in the community. Provide personal care, health and safety monitoring and light housekeeping to clients. Report to the Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor.
• Follow the individual Care Plan developed by the RN Supervisor.
1) Assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- Bathing, dressing and grooming
- Assist with eating
- Turn and change position
2) Provide assistance with Special maintenance
- Check vitals,
- Supervise medication
- Assist with specialized care need as assigned by the RN supervisor
- Provide supervisory care for clients who require constant monitoring.
3) Perform Independent Activities of Daily Living (IADL)
- Meal preparation.
- Light housekeeping in the area of the home used by the client.
- Accompany client to medical appointments, post-secondary school or in the community setting when assigned
• Provide assistance with errands outside the home. Run errands within the local area for the client (e.g. grocery store, pharmacy, Post Office)
• Monitor home environment for health and safety.
• Communication and training.
- Document all services provided. Complete Aide records each day. Submit Aide records as directed.
- Communicate all changes in client’s physical or mental condition to RN Supervisor including suspicions of exploitation, abuse or neglect.
- Complete at least 12 hours of formal training annually.
Bay Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.
Bay Aging is the premier provider of programs and services allowing people of all ages to live independently in their communities for as long as possible. Formed in 1978, Bay Aging serves a predominately rural 2,600 square mile region that encompasses ten counties and two planning districts. As you will see, Bay Aging is extremely diverse in the programs it offers through three major divisions-Health/Community Living, Bay Transit, and Bay Family Housing.