Bay Aging is seeking a part-time VICAP Outreach Specialist who will work to promote and provide outreach, education, and information to the community in the VICAP service area to include the Northern Neck, Middle Peninsula and Peninsula. Candidates with excellent communication and presentation skills wanted. Must have at least 6 months experience preparing and conducting presentations to include social media platforms. Come share your talent and make a difference every day at Bay Aging! Salary: $15.00/hr-$18.00/hr Schedule: 20 hours a week.
Primary duties include:
Outreach / Development / Planning - Raise local awareness of the VICAP program. To provide education via presentations and health fairs to community and civic groups. Develop relationships with other relevant agencies and groups to expand outreach to underserved groups. Create marketing materials, content for social media including Facebook Live events.
· Program Reporting - Provide accurate and complete reports required for program. Assure that reports are submitted in a timely manner. Attend departmental staff meetings, trainings; and certification meetings as necessary.
· Serve as back up VICAP counselor during busy times of the year and as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
This position will be approximately 20 hours a week, and will require travel within the community attending meetings, providing outreach, and building partnerships with local groups. Travel around the VICAP service area will sometimes be outside normal work hours or on weekends for some events. Occasional overnight stays are required of the incumbent:
· Will spend substantial time standing, sitting, speaking, and listening.
· Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
· Ability and comfort to give presentations to small and large groups.
· Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages, and economic backgrounds in a culturally competent and sensitive manner.
· Basic knowledge or experience of the components Medicare / Medicaid and related health insurances and complete certification for insurance counseling is helpful.
· Exceedingly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
· Requires at least 6 months or one year experience conducting and preparing presentations, using multiple social media platforms, MSOffice programs, etc.
High School Diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
FLSA status: This is a non-exempt position.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. From time to time, the
supervisor will ask job holder to perform additional duties related to the
completion of the work.
Bay Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. Bay Aging is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact MaDena DuChemin, Human Resource Manager at (804) 758-2396, Ext. 1228 or email@example.com.
Bay Aging is the premier provider of programs and services allowing people of all ages to live independently in their communities for as long as possible. Formed in 1978, Bay Aging serves a predominately rural 2,600 square mile region that encompasses ten counties and two planning districts. As you will see, Bay Aging is extremely diverse in the programs it offers through three major divisions-Health/Community Living, Bay Transit, and Bay Family Housing.