• Operate heavy-duty construction equipment for building construction, roadway construction, grading, excavation and utility work.
• Grade and prepare grounds, parking areas and driveways, using motor-graders, dozers, backhoes and front-end loaders.
• Continuously observe work site and equipment to detect and protect against unsafe or hazardous operating conditions.
• Prepare operational reports on CDL trucks.
• Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
• Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
• Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Cut, lay and fit pipe for water, storm lines and wastewater systems.
• Install fire hydrants and all sizes of water meters, check and operate valves and related pipe fittings and appurtenances.
• Keep accurate records for work time spent in each piece of equipment or vehicle.
• Maintain equipment, tools, and work facility in a clean and good condition.
• Ability to operate all vehicles or equipment you are assigned to work on.
• Drive to pickup parts from area suppliers.
• Inspect assigned machinery & vehicles prior to use each day, to include spot checking fluid levels, damages, etc.
• Pumping fuel into CDL trucks, crew trucks, or other non-vehicular equipment.
• This job description includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities as noted above. The essential functions of this job description are not exhaustive and may be supplemented by their supervisor on a daily basis.
• Ability to perform strenuous manual labor as the job requires frequent walking, bending, stooping, squatting, lifting, moving, and carrying equipment, tools and materials weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience operating heavy equipment
• Ability to communicate well with supervisors and co-workers.
• Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment.
• Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc.
• High school diploma is preferred.
• Can respond to instruction, and can acquire skills quickly through on-the-job training.
• Can perform heavy manual work for an extended period, under hot, wet or cold weather conditions.
• Can understand and follow oral and written instructions given in English.
Hours of Employment:
4 days per week, totaling up to 40 per week. Overtime (1.5 x base) wages will be paid for time worked in excess of 40 hours per week.
Daily hours are from Monday through Thursday, 6:00am to 4:30pm. Working hours lost due to weather conditions may be made up on other days.
The Company will supply you with logoed T-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets & rain gear. The Employee must provide all pants, and shoes appropriate for the work duties. Employee must present a positive professional appearance at all times.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Company will provide you with: safety glasses, gloves, respirators, hearing protection, first aid supplies, reflective vests. Hard hats will be provided if required by work conditions.
Company will share 50% of costs with Employee if safety-toed shoes are required by work conditions.
Basic hand tools are provided by the Company.
Tunnell Companies, LP is a successful Real Estate Management Company in Long Neck, Delaware responsible for the development, construction and maintenance of multiple resort/full-time residential communities. The Company manages six separate Pot-Nets communities in addition to the Baywood Greens Golf Course Community. Tunnell Companies has been in continuous operation and growing since 1962.
Tunnell Companies is a drug free workplace and all candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening.