This position offers competitive pay based on experience • Full benefits package including dental, medical and vision • 401(k) • Training • Company Uniforms.
You will responsible for the preventive maintenance, troubleshooting repairs and/or modifications work for our vehicle fleet of trucks, trailers, and heavy equipment.
• Maintains and repairs all Company vehicles in the field and maintenance shop, including:
---Commercial Trucks (i.e. dump trucks, tri-axles, tractor trailers, air brakes, etc.)
---Heavy Equipment (i.e. loaders, backhoes, excavators, tub grinder, graders, etc.)
---Trailers (i.e. floor, body, brakes, axles, lights, etc.)
• Diagnosing and repairing all major systems of construction equipment, with emphasis on hydraulics, electrical, and engine systems.
• Welding & metal fabrication
• Keep accurate records for each assigned work order.
• Maintain equipment, tools, and work facility in a clean and good condition.
• Observes all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc.
• Focus on safe work practices and high quality while executing duties under minimal supervision.
• Performing other manual work in connection with the maintenance of Tunnell Companies vehicles.
• This job description includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities as noted above. The essential functions of this job description are not exhaustive and may be supplemented by their supervisor on a daily basis.
• Proven experience with 3-4 years recent fleet, automotive, truck, or equipment maintenance experience
• Possess a valid CDL (B or better) and meet qualifications as outlined in section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations
• Operational knowledge of diesel equipment and tools normally associated with the troubleshooting and repairs of gasoline and diesel equipment
• Strong communication and teamwork skills.
• Can understand and follow oral and written instructions given in English.
• Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment.
• Ability to operate all vehicles or equipment you are assigned to work on.
• High school diploma is preferred.
• Industry-recognized certifications (i.e. ASE) are a plus.
• Can respond to instruction and can acquire skills quickly through on-the-job training.
• Can perform heavy manual work for an extended period, under hot, wet or cold weather conditions.
• Can carry 50 pounds for a distance of 50 feet.
Hours of Employment:
Monday through Friday: 6:00am to 2:30pm, with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break each day.
Overtime: You may be required to work on weekends, evenings or holidays as required by the needs of the business, in response to emergencies or weather events. 1.5 x base wages will be paid for time worked in excess of 40 hours per week.
The Company will supply you with logoed T-shirts, work shirts and work pants, at 50% of the cost to the Company . The Employee must provide all short-pants, rain gear, and safety-toed shoes appropriate for the work duties. Employee must present a positive professional appearance at all times.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Company will provide you with: safety glasses, gloves, welding goggles/mask, hearing protection, first aid supplies, overboots.
Employee must provide safety-toed shoes.
A company cell phone and computer is provided with this position.
Basic hand tools are provided by the Company. The employee may provide their own tools as needed to enhance their performance.
Tunnell Companies, LP is a successful Real Estate Management Company in Long Neck, Delaware responsible for the development, construction and maintenance of multiple resort/full-time residential communities. The Company manages six separate Pot-Nets communities in addition to the Baywood Greens Golf Course Community. Tunnell Companies has been in continuous operation and growing since 1962.
Tunnell Companies is a drug free workplace and all candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening.