This position offers competitive pay based on experience • Full benefits package including dental, medical and vision • 401(k) • Training • Company Uniforms.
You will responsible for the preventive maintenance, troubleshooting repairs and/or modifications work for our vehicle fleet of medium & heavy-duty trucks, trailers, and equipment.
• Maintains and repairs all Company vehicles, including:
-----Small engines (i.e. mowers, chainsaws, string trimmers, pole saws, pumps, generators, golf cars, gators, etc.)
-----Automotive (i.e. cars, trucks, SUV’s, etc.)
-----Commercial Trucks (i.e. dump trucks, tri-axles, tractor trailers, air brakes, etc.)
-----Heavy Equipment (i.e. loaders, backhoes, excavators, tub grinder, graders, etc.)
-----Trailers (i.e. floor, body, brakes, axles, lights, etc.)
• Inspect vehicle engines, mechanical & electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
• Inspect vehicle computer & electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade.
• Conduct routine maintenance work (i.e. replacing fluids, lubricating parts, etc.) to ensure vehicle functionality and longevity.
• Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts, and fix issues.
• Keep accurate records for each assigned work order.
• Maintain equipment, tools, and work facility in a clean and good condition.
• Drive to pickup parts from area suppliers.
• Maintain assigned machinery & vehicles, to include washing, spot checking fluid levels, blade sharpness, etc.
• Body work, power washing and painting of vehicles.
• Pumping gas and lubricating vehicles.
• Observes all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc.
• Focus on safe work practices and high quality while executing duties under minimal supervision.
• Performing other manual work in connection with the maintenance of Tunnell Companies vehicles.
• This job description includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities as noted above. The essential functions of this job description are not exhaustive and may be supplemented by their supervisor on a daily basis.
• Proven experience with 3-4 years recent fleet, automotive, truck, or equipment maintenance experience
• Possess a valid CDL (B or better) and meet qualifications as outlined in section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations
• Operational knowledge of diesel equipment and tools normally associated with the troubleshooting and repairs of gasoline and diesel truck equipment
• Strong communication and teamwork skills.
• Can understand and follow oral and written instructions given in English.
• Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment.
• Ability to operate all vehicles or equipment you are assigned to work on.
• High school diploma is preferred.
• Industry-recognized certifications (i.e. ASE) are a plus.
• Can respond to instruction, and can acquire skills quickly through on-the-job training.
• Can perform heavy manual work for an extended period, under hot, wet or cold weather conditions.
• Can carry 50 pounds for a distance of 50 feet.
Tunnell Companies is a drug free workplace and all candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.