• Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner in accordance with company and departmental policies and procedures and ensures others are doing so
• Supervising and training of seasonal help when necessary
• Planting, trimming, spraying, weeding, mulching, pruning, fertilizing, watering, trash removal, snow and ice removal, fence repairs and other related landscaping functions.
• Keeps job and stock inventory records and fills out work detail reports daily
• Familiar with plants typically found in the communities and ability to identify them
• Operates all landscape maintenance equipment including backhoes, loaders, Bobcats, tractors, edger’s, and small outdoor power equipment
• This job description includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities as noted above. The essential functions of this job description are not exhaustive and may be supplemented by their supervisor
• Knowledge of landscape maintenance required
• Familiarity with plants, pests, and diseases
• Ability to work in dynamic environment
• Can respond to instruction and can acquire skills quickly through on-the-job training
• Ability to perform heavy manual work for an extended period, in all weather conditions
• Can carry 50 pounds for a distance of 50 feet.
• Can understand and follow oral and written instructions given in English.
Hours of Employment:
4 days per week, totaling between 40 and 50 hours per week. Overtime (1.5 x base) wages will be paid for time worked in excess of 40 hours per week. In the event of adverse weather conditions, or certain holiday schedules, you may occasionally work fewer than 40 hours in a week.
Daily hours are from Monday through Thursday, 6:30am to 5:00pm. Working hours lost due to weather conditions will be made up on Fridays.
The Company will provide you with T-shirts, and all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). The Employee must provide all trousers or short-pants, rain gear, shoes appropriate for the work duties. Employee must have a positive, professional appearance at all times.
Tunnell Companies, LP is a successful Real Estate Management Company in Long Neck, Delaware responsible for the development, construction and maintenance of multiple resort/full-time residential communities. The Company manages six separate Pot-Nets communities in addition to the Baywood Greens Golf Course Community. Tunnell Companies has been in continuous operation and growing since 1962.
Tunnell Companies is a drug free workplace and all candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening.