Baywood Greens, a beautiful golf course community located in southern Delaware, has over thirty landscaped acres that are maintained throughout the 500 acre property and include naturalized wetlands and ponds, woodland parks, mixed borders and extensive seasonal displays. We are looking for a qualified individual to monitor, maintain or improve our landscape using the most environmentally friendly means available.
This is an applicator position with the primary responsibility involving scouting and identifying potential pest/nutrient problems in the landscape, and following up with necessary control measures. The landscape includes the plants, turf, and ponds located throughout the golf course and community. The selected candidate will report to the Landscape Supervisor regarding any and all aspects of daily operations including, but not limited to:
· Plan, schedule, actively participate, and sometimes supervise the maintenance and enhancement of permanent and seasonal plantings, ponds and turf areas through weed and pest control, pruning, planting, mulching, feeding, grooming, etc.
· Communicate with residents, golfers and the general public
· Maintain records, files and inventory as required and related to areas of responsibility
· Operate a wide variety of landscape equipment and vehicles.
· Assist with other grounds maintenance activities including, but not limited to, removal and disposal of trash, leaf clean up, snow removal, holiday/seasonal displays.
· Must be able to work independently
· Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
· A High School Diploma or GED
· Three to five year’s work related experience.
· A valid Delaware Driver License.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Extensive field time diagnosing/treating pest, nutrient and other issues that may impact ideal conditions specific to our area
· Desire to be the best at what you do
· Great communication skills
· Delaware Certified Pesticide Applicator
We offer an excellent compensation package with competitive benefits.
Tunnell Companies is a drug free workplace and all candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.