Bittersweet Farms, a world-renowned leader in serving adults and adolescents with autism located in Whitehouse, Ohio, is seeking a Day Program Grounds Keeping Specialist to assist with development and implementation of the grounds vocational and habilitation programs. The position will be responsible to provide skills assessment and enhancement based on each participant’s individual needs. This person must work to ensure the health and safety of participants while providing an environment that fosters both growth and development. This person will be responsible for teaching participants about proper usage of all equipment and tools utilized in the area. The Grounds Keeping Specialist will continue to assist with any and all direct support needs within the organization.
● Demonstrate the appropriate usage of the tools and equipment found within grounds to both participants and staff
● Manage and log assignment of tools and equipment required each day
● Perform a variety of duties related to organizing task schedules, participant task assignments, and prioritizing projects within assigned area
● Maintain inventory records and needs
● Assist in implementation of procedures which would ensure grounds keeping operations run efficiently and organized and communicate any updates to grounds keeping staff
● Assign and arrange tasks and activities within the area to meet programmatic needs
● Mentoring new staff in the grounds keeping area on participants and procedures
● Maintain a positive and friendly attitude toward co-workers, staff, participants and outside community
The right candidate must have 2 or more years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities/autism, experience working with a variety of tools and equipment required, experience with creating plans and activity schedules preferred, High School Diploma or GED is required, experience with leading groups preferred, and a valid driver’s license with eligibility to be insured.
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.