No experience necessary; paid training provided.
** To learn more about Bittersweet and our mission, please click here: https://youtu.be/eEGmuyv4Kkg
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism.
Bittersweet is seeking employees to work 1st shift as Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) between the hours of 8:00AM – 3:00PM to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience. A wonderful career path for those interested in nursing, health care, social work/ social services, education, direct care, home health and those with a desire to help others.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Provide person-centered supports which requires flexibility, creativity, and commitment
· Work in partnership with participants
· Document service delivery accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner
· Promote communication, choice, independence, socialization, and empowerment for the participants
Qualifications and Skills
· Possess and uses empathy in all actions and interactions
· Effectively work in teams with co-workers and participants
· Ability to express patience in difficult situations
· Exceptional and adaptable oral communication
• DSP Retention Bonus paid out 3x a year
• Starting wage from $10.50 an hour
• 18% cell phone carrier employee discount
• Earn an additional $0.50 per hour shift for evenings, nights, and weekends
• Flexible part time and full time scheduling
• Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
• ERN (Employee Resource Network) Member with a Success Coach
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.