Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides vocational, educational and recreational services to teens and adults with autism in Pemberville, OH.
REQUIREMENTS: High school Diploma or GED; No experience necessary; paid training provided.
Bittersweet is seeking part time employees to work as Direct Support Professionals to help enrich lives and make a difference through teaching, mentoring and positively impacting the lives of individuals with autism and developmental disabilities. Work as direct care while helping individuals to develop skills in horticulture, janitorial work, culinary activities, the arts, and more.
A wonderful career path for those interested in nursing, health care, social work, social services, criminal justice, direct care, education, home health, and those with a desire to help others.
• Starting wage from $9.40 - $10.40 per hour based on experience
• Potential to earn an additional $1 per hour within one year
• Earn an additional $0.40 per hour shift for evenings, nights, and weekends
• Flexible part time and full time scheduling
• First, second and third shift available
• to individuals with autism Benefits package and paid holidays available based on job status.
Responsibilities of Direct Support Professionals:
• Provide person-centered supports which requires flexibility, creativity and commitment
• Work in partnership with participants
• Document service delivery accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner
• Promote communication, choice, independence, socialization, and empowerment for the participants
Skills of Direct Support Professionals:
• Possess and uses empathy in all actions and interactions
• Effectively work in teams with co-workers and participants
• Ability to express patience in difficult situations
• Exceptional and adaptable oral communication
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.