Help us redefine what is possible and make a positive impact in the lives of individuals with Autism! Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism.
Bittersweet Farms is seeking seasonal staff to work PT 2nd shift 3:00pm-11:30pm or 3rd shift 11:00pm - 8:30am. Direct Support Professionals help enrich lives and make a difference while also providing you with a valuable work experience. Direct Support Professionals teach, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities by assisting with activities of daily living, promoting independence, facilitating various methods of communication, and so much more!
You will be able to enjoy the outdoors on our working farm. A rewarding career path for those interested in disability studies, nursing, health care, social work/ social services, education, direct care, home health and those with a desire to help others. Seasonal staff are required to complete a minimum of 90 days of employment, current seasonal requirements are the first week of December through the first week of March.
No experience necessary, we provide paid training.
- $16.50 for 2nd shift (M- Th)
- $17.50 for 2nd shift (F-S)
- $17.50 for 3rd shift employees
- Access to payroll funds early
- 18% cell phone carrier employee discount
- Flexible part time scheduling
- Free meals provided for 2nd shift employees
- ERN (Employee Resource Network) Member with a Success Coach & EAP Program
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide person-centered supports which requires flexibility, creativity, and commitment
- Work in partnership with participants
- Document service delivery accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner
- Promote communication, choice, independence, socialization, and empowerment for the participants
Qualifications and Skills
- Possess and uses empathy in all actions and interactions
- Effectively work in teams with co-workers and participants
- Ability to express patience in difficult situations
- Exceptional and adaptable oral communication
- High School Diploma or GED
Pay: $16.50 to $17.50 per HOUR
Help us redefine what is possible with Autism. Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism in a farmstead setting. For the past 34 years, we have found that a farm setting offers rich, varied, and abundant opportunities for self-paced, distraction-free activities that are perceived as immediately meaningful by our participants.
We are seeking full-time and part-time employees to help enrich lives and make a difference. Our employees positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities through teaching, mentoring, and partnering in meaningful activities and positive social interactions.
View all company job openings