Are you looking for an internship/co-op as you further your industrial arts education? CA Lawton is looking for a Pattern Maker Helper Inter/Co-Op for our pattern shop.
As a Pattern Maker Helper, you will learn from others in the shop while working on individual and team projects. You will operate various pieces of equipment and hand tools in order to repair and maintain tooling for the foundry casting process. You will be required to complete tooling set ups and will maintain supplies for the foundry schedule. You will be expected to learn many operational processes and implement continuous improvement ideas in your area and foundry.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Operate various pieces of equipment and hand tools.
· Maintain tooling and supplies for foundry backlog.
· Follow processes and standard work.
· Read blueprints and set up tooling.
· Maintain change overs for foundry schedule.
· Provide support to the foundry through understanding of the foundry process.
· Use foam, wood or urethane to create supplies for foundry.
· Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Must be 18 years old or older)
Education: High school or equivalent strongly preferred.
Experience: Industrial Arts class experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
· Demonstrates company values of honesty, caring, improving, and success.
· A demonstrated commitment to safety and quality.
· Commitment to Continuous Improvement.
· A well-developed sense of urgency.
· A team player - cooperative.
· Able to work well and communicate with all functional departments within the company.
· Very well organized and able to work under pressure.
We encourage and develop our employees to be involved and empowered, inspiring them to turn plans into action. From engineers and manufacturing specialists to accounts payable and customer advocates. Our people are remarkable.
With 140 years of history, we’ve learned a lot about what works – and that extends far beyond the engineering and casting of large components. We believe that work is more than a place we go every day. It’s a place of growth, creativity, collaboration, and relationships.
We are a fifth-generation foundry-centered manufacturer run for the benefit of our employees, customers, owners, and community. We provide success for our customers and employees by providing casting-centric solutions in an environment of safety, growth, and continuous improvement (LEAN).