CA Lawton is hiring a Quality Supervisor for our foundry.
The Quality Supervisor plans, coordinates, and directs the quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervise employees in the Quality Assurance department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies. Plan, assign and direct work of the department.
· Direct department employees engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products. Conduct training as needed.
· Plan, promote and organize training activities related to product quality and reliability.
· Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
· Perform responsibilities as the ISO management representative to ensure that the requirements of AS 9000, ISO 9001, QS 9000 are implemented and maintained.
· Formulate and maintain quality control objectives and coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
· Investigate and adjust customer complaints regarding quality.
· Interpret procedures, specifications, and drawings. Develop and improve techniques. Author and approve procedures applicable to the method of certification.
· Carry out all duties and responsibilities with an emphasis on safety and quality to ensure all castings inspected meet customer expectations.
· Direct the Production Parts Approval Process (PPAPS) for numerous customers quote quality requirements.
· Administer inspection stamp ASME program for the facility.
· Perform any and all other job related tasks as assigned.
Position Qualifications & Competencies
· Prior leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Lean manufacturing and/or 5S experience preferred.
· Interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Ability and familiarity with reading blueprints, technical specs, ISO requirements and other related specification documents.
· Strong understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing processes.
· Respond quickly to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
Education: Bachelors or Associates degree in a related discipline (Mechanical Engineer, Mathematics, etc) and/or equivalent work experience.
Experience: A minimum of three to five
years’ experience in an iron foundry and/or manufacturing preferred..
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
Proficient with Windows & Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
ISO or ASTM certification preferred.
Demonstrate the company values of integrity, values of honesty caring and improving the Platform for success.
· Strong commitment to safety, work quality and cost.
· Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel) and experience in quality control management software.
· Strong attention to detail, very well organized in completing daily tasks and special projects.
Fixed weekly schedule
Insurance within 60 days
Holidays and paid time off
401K with match
Prescripion safety glass reimbursement
Plenty of growth opportunities
You’ll be part of a family culture where your contributions are noticed and recognized.
The C.A. Lawton Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We encourage and develop our employees to be involved and empowered, inspiring them to turn plans into action. From engineers and manufacturing specialists to accounts payable and customer advocates. Our people are remarkable.
With 140 years of history, we’ve learned a lot about what works – and that extends far beyond the engineering and casting of large components. We believe that work is more than a place we go every day. It’s a place of growth, creativity, collaboration, and relationships.
We are a fifth-generation foundry-centered manufacturer run for the benefit of our employees, customers, owners, and community. We provide success for our customers and employees by providing casting-centric solutions in an environment of safety, growth, and continuous improvement (LEAN).