• Take information from the borrower and completely and correctly fill out the loan application
• Educate the prospective borrower in the home buying and financing process. Advise the borrower about the different types of loan products available, and demonstrate how closing costs and monthly payments would vary under each product.
• Submit complete and accurate loan application (including all completed Government Monitoring Information).
• Provide correctly structured approvable loans to processing staff
• Solicit sales from realtors, builders, and referral sources
• Meet with your loan processor regularly, reviewing your loan pipeline to ensure loans are proceeding as planned
• Negotiate the fees to be paid by the prospective borrower, subject to the limits of the bank or the lender
• Facilitate all functions associated with loan rate and pricing
1. Meet the loan origination and funding goals as agreed to by the Loan Officer and the Branch management team
2. Solicit mortgage referral sources to originate mortgage loans by conducting outside sales calls
3. Maintain superior knowledge of CBC bank products and pricing including lock-in procedures and underwriting guidelines
4. Timely follow-up to Realtor requests, applicant's phone calls, processor and lender requests, as well as requests from Branch management.
5. Analyze the prospective borrower's income and debts and provide an affordable mortgage analysis to applicant (s) to determine the maximum mortgage that they may be able to afford.
6. Collect financial information (tax returns, bank statements) and other related documents that are part of the application process as needed to determine loan eligibility
7. Make sure the applicant is given expectations for all facets of the loan process, from submission to funding
8. All required forms are to be appropriately completed, signed, and dated
9. Provide outstanding service support to both your referral sources and your clients
10. Gather any additional information from the applicants or other sources as needed
11. Provide assistance in coordinating/participating in the loan closing, and ensure that terms negotiated between borrower and you are reflected on the Closing Disclosure
12. Attend all meetings called by the branch
13. Attend all required CBC National Bank training and complete all required annual BVS Training
14. Establish and maintain an annual business plan with monthly, weekly and daily goals for both sales activities and sales results
15. Participate with marketing to develop, maintain and update personal marketing campaigns
16. Employee is responsible for complying with the Bank's BSA/AML and OFAC Compliance and Consumer Compliance policies and procedures relevant to their responsibilities. If the employee is not certain of what the specific instance calls for, the employee will consult the respective policy and will contact their manager, BSA Officer and/or the Corporate Compliance Officer with additional questions.
Key Performance Factors:
1. Meets monthly, quarterly, and annual funding goals for units and dollars
2. Provide qualified loans to operational staff that meet minimum standards
3. Work with internal loan operations staff to provide a positive experience for all parties involved in the loan transaction
4. Responds to all phone calls within 24 hours
5. Works successfully with the branch and ARG management
Required Experience /Knowledge/Education/Training:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum two years of mortgage loan origination/sales experience
• Thorough knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements of various mortgage products
• Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA
• Familiar with local, state and national laws (e. g. zoning ordinances, Truth-in Lending, RESPA, energy audit requirements, etc.
• Ability to analyze financial information
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Basic PC skills and Windows knowledge
• Customer service experience
• Underwriting, processing, funding experience helpful
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary
• Excellent follow-up skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must be detail oriented, flexible and organized
• Strong sales ability
• A strong desire to provide superior service to the borrower
• The employee is responsible for complying with the Bank's BSA/AML and OFAC Compliance and Consumer Compliance policies and procedures relevant to their responsibilities. If the employee is not certain of what the specific instance calls for, the employee will consult the respective policy and will contact their manager, BSA Officer and/or the Corporate Compliance Officer with additional questions.
Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VET / DISABILITY
E - Verify Employer
We are experienced mortgage banking professionals who are committed to providing extraordinary service to you and your customers. The CBC family provides you the best innovations in the industry and we offer a variety of loan program options to meet your mortgage business needs. We’re forward-thinkers and look to pioneers, like you, to keep moving us in the right direction.
We are active members of the community that care about our neighbors. So if you are looking for a mortgage company with a long record of dependable mortgage banking, and an even longer list of satisfied customers, then be sure and look our way!
CBC Mortgage offers a whole new way of doing home loans, with an attitude that is as independent as you.