Chapter 2, Inc. is a full-service manufacturer specializing in high precision machining and product component assembly as well as many other manufacturing processes such as fabricating, grinding, polishing, tool and die services (jigs, fixtures, molds, dies, machine tools, and automated machinery) and wet paint/spray applications. Chapter 2 is currently seeking to fill Assembler positions on 1st shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Fasten or install components to form assemblies or sub-assemblies using hand tools.
· Inspect, operate and test completed products to verify functioning conformance to customer specifications.
· Position or align components for assembly manually.
· Set and verify parts for clearances.
· Read and interpret assembly blueprints or specifications manuals and plan assembly or building operations.
· Maintain and lubricate components and tooling.
· Verify conformance of parts to stock lists or blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers and other gauges.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Oversee inventory while tracking daily build sheets.
· Maintains specifications by taking measurements, detecting malfunctions and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
· Sustains safe operations by following safety procedures and regulations.
· Supports continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and needs.
· Documents events by completing Production and Quality (Department) logs.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership (for accomplishing new and different requests) and exploring opportunities (to add value to job accomplishments).
· To monitor, carry out and abide by company policies.
Candidate(s) should be a reliable and responsible individual, able to work independently and well with others. Must have excellent attendance record! No prior experienced required. Heavy lifting and standing is required.
Chapter 2, Inc. offers the following benefits to eligible, full-time, permanent employees, following a training period:
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
· Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Holiday (**No waiting period for Holiday Pay!) and Vacation Pay (earn up to four additional days of vacation per year based on attendance!)
· Climate controlled facility
· Great work culture
Chapter 2, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
** Must pass a drug screen (post-offer, pre-employment)
Chapter 2 Incorporated first started in Lake Mills, Wisconsin in 1973 as a tool and die shop that specialized in the making of jigs, fixtures, dies, molds, & machine tools for companies within the manufacturing industry. In 1989 a new dimension was added to Chapter 2’s services in offering automation machine design and build services. Here the company specialized in building automated machines and equipment for companies in the manufacturing industry. Today, production machining stands as Chapter 2’s core competency. As a climate controlled facility and with our continuous investment in equipment and our quality processes Chapter 2 has become an industry leader in these services.
All Employees of Chapter 2, Inc strive to:
Supply high quality, competitively priced products and services to our customers and meet or surpass our customer’s expectations of satisfaction at all times
Show enough profit to keep us in the forefront of manufacturing facilities through continually improving the quality system and updating its processes, equipment, and training of personnel.
Maintain a friendly work environment which respects diversity, new ideas and hard work.