Chapter 2 is currently seeking to fill CNC Machine Operator positions in its Production Department for Full-Time on 1st Shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operating production CNC Lathes, Mills and other dedicated or manual machinery under direct supervision of the Team Leader
· Plans machining by studying blueprints, specifications, locations of surfaces and machining offsets and interprets geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
· Verifies settings by measuring positions (first-run part and sample work pieces) by using precision instruments (such as micrometers, calipers, comparator and other specialty gaging) and adjusting offsets as needed
· Maintains specifications by: observing drilling, grooving and cutting (including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations), taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, determining causes and resolutions of operating errors, replacing worn tools in machines; completing preventive maintenance requirements and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
· Sustains safe operations by following safety procedures & regulations
· Supports continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities & needs
· Documents events by completing Production and Quality (Department) logs
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership (for accomplishing new & different requests) & exploring opportunities (to add value to job accomplishments)
Candidate(s) should be a reliable and responsible individual, able to work independently and well with others. Must have excellent attendance record! Heavy lifting and standing is required. Mandatory Overtime- 1 weekend a month.
Chapter 2, Inc. offers the following benefits to eligible, full-time, permanent employees:
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
· Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Holiday and Vacation Pay
· Paid Lunch
· Climate controlled facility
· Great work culture
Chapter 2, Inc. is a full-service manufacturer specializing in high precision machining and product component assembly as well as many other manufacturing processes such as fabricating, grinding,
polishing, tool and die services (jigs, fixtures, molds, dies, machine tools, and automated machinery) and wet paint/spray applications.
Chapter 2, Inc. is proud to be:
· 2018 Wisconsin Family Business of the Year
· 2015 MMS TOP SHOP
· ISO 9001 Certified
Chapter 2, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
**Must pass a drug screen (post-offer, pre-employment)
To apply please visit: http://www.chap2.com/contact.html and fill out an application under our Careers tab today!
Chapter 2 Incorporated first started in Lake Mills, Wisconsin in 1973 as a tool and die shop that specialized in the making of jigs, fixtures, dies, molds, & machine tools for companies within the manufacturing industry. In 1989 a new dimension was added to Chapter 2’s services in offering automation machine design and build services. Here the company specialized in building automated machines and equipment for companies in the manufacturing industry. Today, production machining stands as Chapter 2’s core competency. As a climate controlled facility and with our continuous investment in equipment and our quality processes Chapter 2 has become an industry leader in these services.
All Employees of Chapter 2, Inc strive to:
Supply high quality, competitively priced products and services to our customers and meet or surpass our customer’s expectations of satisfaction at all times
Show enough profit to keep us in the forefront of manufacturing facilities through continually improving the quality system and updating its processes, equipment, and training of personnel.
Maintain a friendly work environment which respects diversity, new ideas and hard work.