Tool & Die Maker - 1st Shift Opening
Chapter 2, Inc. is a full-service manufacturer specializing in high precision machining and product component assembly as well as many other manufacturing processes such as fabricating, grinding, polishing, tool and die services (jigs, fixtures, molds, dies, machine tools, and automated machinery) and wet paint/spray applications. Chapter 2 is currently adding another Tool & Die Maker position on 1st shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Produce jigs, fixtures, gages, dies and other products/parts as needed (includes operating manual machines).
· Design fixtures, tooling, or experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
· Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
· Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or calipers.
· Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated or cooled.
· Diagnose machine tool malfunctions to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
· Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
· May support Production Department in the role of Machine Operator as needed.
Candidate(s) should be a reliable and responsible individual, able to work independently and well with others. Must have excellent attendance record! Previous experience as a Tool & Die Maker required. Heavy lifting and standing are required.
Chapter 2, Inc. offers the following benefits to eligible, full-time, permanent employees, following a training period:
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
· Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Holiday (**No waiting period for Holiday Pay!) and Vacation Pay (earn up to four additional days of vacation per year based on attendance!)
· Climate controlled facility
· Great work culture
Starting wage between $20-$30 (based on experience)
Chapter 2, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
** Must pass a drug screen (post-offer, pre-employment)
Chapter 2 Incorporated first started in Lake Mills, Wisconsin in 1973 as a tool and die shop that specialized in the making of jigs, fixtures, dies, molds, & machine tools for companies within the manufacturing industry. In 1989 a new dimension was added to Chapter 2’s services in offering automation machine design and build services. Here the company specialized in building automated machines and equipment for companies in the manufacturing industry. Today, production machining stands as Chapter 2’s core competency. As a climate controlled facility and with our continuous investment in equipment and our quality processes Chapter 2 has become an industry leader in these services.
All Employees of Chapter 2, Inc strive to:
Supply high quality, competitively priced products and services to our customers and meet or surpass our customer’s expectations of satisfaction at all times
Show enough profit to keep us in the forefront of manufacturing facilities through continually improving the quality system and updating its processes, equipment, and training of personnel.
Maintain a friendly work environment which respects diversity, new ideas and hard work.