Welder - Opening on 1st Shift
Chapter 2, Inc. is a full-service manufacturer specializing in high precision machining and product component assembly as well as many other manufacturing processes such as fabricating, grinding, polishing, tool and die services (jigs, fixtures, molds, dies, machine tools, and automated machinery) and wet paint/spray applications. Chapter 2 is currently seeking to fill a Welding position on 1st shift. Hours are 6am-2pm Monday-Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manually weld components (90% of the time) and operate Robotic Welder (10 % of the time).
· Operating safely and applying safety practice at work while performing his/her duties.
· Welding in various positions: flat, horizontal, vertical, etc.
· Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a welded final product.
· Operating other equipment and performing some tasks necessary for welding metal, such as grinding, cutting, using a plasma arc cutter, and other types of equipment.
· Control the processes of fitting, burning and welding to avoid problems in relation to overheat, distortion, expansion or shrink of parts.
· Examining finished products and comparing them with samples to check whether the specifications are met.
· Arranging and assuring the welded parts to be arranged in order before being assembled into final products.
· May assist in assembling of parts when Welding work is complete.
· To monitor, carry out and abide by company policies.
· Candidate(s) should be a reliable and responsible individual
· Able to work independently and well with others
· Must have excellent attendance record
· Must be able to lift 50lbs
· Must pass respirator fit test
· Current Welding certification preferred (may substitute experience for certification)
· Preferred 2-3 previous experience with welding, cutting and/or grinding
Chapter 2, Inc. offers the following benefits to eligible, full-time, permanent employees, following a training period:
· Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
· Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Holiday (**No waiting period for Holiday Pay!) and Vacation Pay (earn up to four additional days of vacation per year based on attendance!)
· Climate controlled facility
· Great work culture
Chapter 2, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
** Must pass a drug screen (post-offer, pre-employment)
Pay rate $18-$22 per hour.
Chapter 2 Incorporated first started in Lake Mills, Wisconsin in 1973 as a tool and die shop that specialized in the making of jigs, fixtures, dies, molds, & machine tools for companies within the manufacturing industry. In 1989 a new dimension was added to Chapter 2’s services in offering automation machine design and build services. Here the company specialized in building automated machines and equipment for companies in the manufacturing industry. Today, production machining stands as Chapter 2’s core competency. As a climate controlled facility and with our continuous investment in equipment and our quality processes Chapter 2 has become an industry leader in these services.
All Employees of Chapter 2, Inc strive to:
Supply high quality, competitively priced products and services to our customers and meet or surpass our customer’s expectations of satisfaction at all times
Show enough profit to keep us in the forefront of manufacturing facilities through continually improving the quality system and updating its processes, equipment, and training of personnel.
Maintain a friendly work environment which respects diversity, new ideas and hard work.