Cherokee County Health and Rehab is seeking a qualified Certified Dietary Manager to effectively manage and operate the Dietary Dept in our 185 bed Skilled Nursing Facility and Specialty Care Assisted Living.
CDM will be responsible for the daily operations of Dietary department, according to facility policy and procedures and federal/ state regulations. Provides leadership and guidance to ensure that food quality, safety standards, and resident expectations are satisfactorily met. Maintains records of department expenditures, food, supplies, inventory levels, and equipment.
CDM job responsibilities will also include, but not limited to:
• Develop work schedules to ensure adequate staff to cover each shift
• Create and monitor budgets for a cost-effective program
• Specify standards and procedures for preparing food
• Participate in menu planning, including responding to client preferences, substitution lists, therapeutic diets, and industry trends
• Inspect meals and assure that standards for appearance, palatability, temperature, and serving times are met
• Manage the preparation and service of special nourishments and supplemental feedings
• Assure that foods are prepared according to production schedules, menus, and standardized recipes
• Use forecasts, food waste records, inventory, and equipment records to plan the purchase of food, supplies, and equipment
• Work cooperatively with residents, facility staff, physicians, consultants, vendors, and other service providers
Full time employees will be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- BCBS of AL Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Disability, Cancer and other elective insurances
- 403b retirement plan
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Discounted onsite daycare for employees children
- Free $50,000 company paid term life insurance
Cherokee County Health and Rehabilitation Center (CCHRC) has served Cherokee County and surrounding areas since 1960. We offer a 185 skilled-bed nursing home, facility dedicated to providing quality long-term care, dementia and rehabilitative services and health care education to our residents and the citizens of Cherokee County. Located near Weiss Lake, in the heart of Cherokee County, CCHRC has well-trained, caring and dedicated staff with resident care being our top priority.