The Accounting Manager will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the accounting department. This includes supporting the operations, managing financial reporting and analysis, completing month-end close, and ensuring compliance with accounting principles and company policies. Coordinating the annual audit and providing financial statements and analysis for Board meetings. In addition, the Accounting Manager will also be responsible for payroll, and assisting the COO with HR functions.
• Manage day-to-day accounting operations including account payable, cash receipts, fixed assets, key vendor relations, and account payable disbursements, and credit card reconciliation.
• Supervision of the Financial Coordinator
• Prepare month end journal entries including accruals, recurring entries, reclassifications.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and financial statements.
• Prepare monthly review of actual results to budget.
• Performs analyses of financial data and prepares schedules, worksheets, charts, and ad hoc reports as needed.
• Meet all internal and external deadlines.
• Work with COO and other management to prepare annual budget.
• Preparation of annual audit schedules and coordination of the audit with outside accounting firm.
• Performs HR duties related to payroll and benefits.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting or finance
· Minimum three years of accounting experience as senior account/assistant Controller with office management experience preferred.
· Non-Profit Accounting experience preferred but not required.
· Microsoft Office software Proficient
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly
· Experience with accounting and software and ability to learn new software
· Works well with others and communicates in a professional manner
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
Benefits include Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with match