Maintain, tests, calibrates, and repairs a variety of mechanical measuring and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards to ensure the accuracy of the measurements taken by these instruments or equipment. Assists in formulating calibration standards by performing the following duties. Reports to The Quality Control Manager.
• Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment.
• Sets up standard and special purpose equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
• Disassembles instruments and equipment and inspects components for defects.
• Measures parts for conformity with specifications.
• Aligns, repairs, replaces, and balances component parts and circuitry.
• Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
• Maintain calibration records using software or spreadsheets in order to provide evidence of accuracy, repairs and usage for all instruments and equipment.
• Communicates with Customers and Vendors, as needed, to coordinate logistics for transfer, shipping or delivery of instruments and equipment at the direction of the Quality Manager or Quality Control Manager.
• Assists Quality Control Manager and Engineers in formulating test, calibration, repair, and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Analytical - Collects and researches data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Minimum 3 years of experience in machined part inspection and calibration control or formal training in calibration control and one year experience.