Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Collect and analyze data in order to estimate the machine time, raw materials, and subcontractor services required to manufacture metal stampings, machined parts.
• Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare estimates, machine throughputs, material cost and subcontract services.
• Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects, or services and tracking actual costs relative to quote estimates as manufacturing orders are completed.
• Consult with customers, vendors, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Confer with engineers and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Prepare estimates used by management for purposes, such as, planning, lead-times, and scheduling work.
• 4-year Degree preferred
• Minimum 3-5 year’s working in a cost estimating department in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Must be able to meet deadlines, multi task and work under pressure.
• Prior experience utilizing an estimating module in an ERP system is a plus
Compensation based on experience