Cardinal Ritter Senior Services, one of South County’s largest independent, assisted living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation nonprofit senior living communities, seeks compassionate and experienced Certified Medication Technicians/Level 1 Medication Aides (CMTs/LIMAs) to join our growing team.
At Cardinal Ritter Senior Services, our mission is simple: we create communities that promote the dignity of human life and reflect the spirit of Jesus Christ. We proudly provide the best possible physical, social, and spiritual care for our older adult residents...but we need your help.
The role functions as a Certified Medication Technician (CMT)/Level I Medication Aide for CRSS Assisted Living Facilities. Administers and documents medications by all routes except for intramuscular and subcutaneous injections, with the exception of insulin. Assist residents who are functionally, physically and or socially impaired and need 24 hour protective oversight and assist residents with activities of daily living, housekeeping and cleaning duties. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of Cardinal Ritter Senior Service.
Part Time Evenings
PRN - Days/EveningsDuties & Responsibilities
- Prepares, administers and documents medications by all routes, except for intramuscular and subcutaneous injections, with the exception of insulin, in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for performing blood sugar testing and administering insulin as ordered.
- Maintains glucometer calibration checks and documents.
- Observes, reports and records response of the resident to medications.
- Observes and reports changes in residents’ physical condition, skin conditions and cognitive/ emotional status to Resident Care Coordinator.
- Maintains an accurate account of controlled substances.
- Orders and monitors appropriate use of needed supplies including reordering of medications.
- Administers specified treatments and records.
- Administer oxygen by nasal cannula as needed.
- Maintains oxygen systems for residents on a daily bases.
- Records incidents, errors, and/or accidents.
- Conducts room checks and makes resident rounds.
- Assists with quality assurance programs.
- Assists in training of new CMT/ML1 staff.
- Provides and promotes customer service for residents, employees, and visitors
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant and in good standing in the state of Missouri.
- Must have successfully completed the Certified Medication Technician training program for the state of Missouri and be in good standing.
- Must have successfully completed or be willing to complete the Insulin Administration Training Program within three months of hire.
- Must have current CPR certification or be willing to become CPR certified.
- Maintains all certification required for employment qualifications
- Able to perform duties with minimal direction from the Resident Care Coordinator.
- Must have successfully completed the Level I Medication Aide Training Program for the state of Missouri consisting of a minimum of sixteen hours of integrated formal instruction and practice sessions supervised by an approved instructor.
All candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening. The screenings will include criminal background check and other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, and Covid-19 vaccination. Various
positions will require physical examination, Tuberculosis screening and
All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Senior Services does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped status in
the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its federally
assisted programs and activities.
CRSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.