We are looking for awesome people to join our awesome team of employees at Cardinal Ritter Senior Services!
If you have a passion to be part of an agency whose mission is to create communities that promote the dignity of human life and reflect the spirit of Jesus Christ…Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is where you want to be! We are currently looking for a Cook at our independent living facility, Our Lady of Life. This Position provides food service support to Cardinal Ritter Senior Services.
Wednesday thru Sunday 10 a.m. - 6:30p.m. Sunday 6 a.m. - 1:30pm. Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge & Experience
- Prepares food in sufficient quantities and timeliness to cover all service requirements. Prepares food for residents, visitors and staff, when applicable.
- Maintains quality and sanitation standards of food production and portion control.
- Maintains, cleans and sanitizes food equipment and work surfaces.
- Uses recipes and portion sizes accurately.
- Uses and maintains ovens, steamers, kettles, grills, etc.
- Records food temperatures accurately.
- Practices good personal hygiene.
- Maintains work and food storage areas in organized and sanitary manner.
- Uses leftovers promptly and safely.
- Delivers finished foods to serving area according to time schedule.
- Attends in-services and meetings and apply information to every day work.
- Uses production sheets and spread sheets accurately.
- Follows prep sheets, spreadsheets, menus, and recipes accurately, when applicable.
- Batch cooks food whenever possible.
- Reports any safety or sanitation hazards to supervisor.
- Receives and stores stock in proper area, using First In First Out method.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must know basic principles of quality and quantity food production.
- Must have 1-year food service experience.
CRSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Pre-Employment Screening
All candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening. The screenings will include criminal background check and other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, and Covid-19 vaccination. Various
positions will require physical examination, Tuberculosis screening and
Hepatitis A. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Senior Services does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped status in
the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its federally
assisted programs and activities.
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services (CRSS) provides programs, communities and services designed to meet the needs of senior adults across a continuum of care. Our mission at Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is to create communities that promote the dignity of human life and reflect the spirit of Jesus Christ. With our social service programs, affordable housing, independent living, assisted living, memory care, nursing communities and volunteer opportunities, we honor choices and maintain the quality of life for senior adults. We provide independence, options and the highest quality of service to senior adults.
View all company job openings