This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor, but must work in coordination with the key support people to be effective. Must have strong analytical skills to collect, process, and interpret data and information related to quality, and be able to identify patterns, trends, and anomalies, and use them to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of the quality system. Primarily responsible for checking the quality of all production in the hose room and the assembly department. This position works 2nd shift, Monday through Friday.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Confers with management to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Inspects output samples using industry-appropriate methods, such as comparing output to standards, measuring dimensions and examining functionality, in accordance with information supplied on shop packet and criteria sheet.
- Records random inspection results by completing reports, summarizing re-works and wastes and inputting data into production Quality Report.
- Evaluates data and calls-out deviations from existing standards and notifies Shift Supervisor of problems.
- Proposes improvements of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Notify supervisor immediately if a part is running but is unacceptable or not running up to first article quality but is still acceptable.
- Unacceptable parts are put on hold with paperwork attached to skid.
- Checks that the assembly or production line adheres to standards and procedures and complies with internal requirements.
- Check shop packet for correct information, if something needs to be updated, notify supervisor, and note on shop packet.
- Do skid check at least every hour.
- Inspect, approve, reject and first article submitted by production, noting date, shift, time cycle, on part - keep for reference during run as well as for next start up.
- Notify QC on next shift of any problems they should be aware of - note pertinent information on logbook.
- Must coordinate efforts with the supervisor, as well as another shift QC.
- Help create criteria sheets and skid packs as well as keep them updated.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and/or Skills Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hand and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.