This position is located in Providence, RI and has the potential to work remotely 5 days a month.
The Director of Sales is responsible for all activities related to account sales and retention of the Delta Dental book of business. In this role the incumbent serves as Manager for all members of the Delta Dental sales team and is tasked with providing all direct reports with direction, goal setting and review as well as professional development. Additional areas of accountability include oversight of broker relations efforts, product development and pricing. The incumbent is expected to thoroughly understand, reasonably support and seek solutions that satisfy the needs of the account and broker in any strategic discussion. Will also participate in and provide essential insight and direction for forecasting, competitiveness, network development and strategic planning. The position requires the incumbent to oversee departmental budgets, product advertising and all supplies and inventory.
• Directs the sales force in maximizing prospecting opportunities and developing new business sales
• Directs broker relations efforts that successfully produce new business leads and product support
• Leads the discussion in development of strategic approaches to pricing, product development and network growth
• Directs the sales force in successful and timely renewal of the Delta Dental existing book of business
• Acts as both the account and brokers proponent with internal operating areas
• Promotes corporate profitability through attention to the maintenance of underwriting guidelines and collections activity
• Recruits, develops, motivates and appraises the assigned members of the sales department
• Fosters an external image which is consistent with corporate objectives.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Attends client and broker events (often after hours)
• A minimum of 5-7 years in the marketing of group medical/dental benefits to employers is require
• Sales management and an MBA are preferred, although not required
• Well versed in broker related activities and the operation of group benefits carriers. Such operations would include enrollment, billing, claims processing and customer service.
• Insurance Producer’s License and a driver’s license are required.
Delta Dental of Rhode Island is the state’s leading dental insurer, administering dental benefits for nearly 613,000 members. Headquartered in Providence, we remain a symbol of strength and stability in the local dental insurance arena.
Our strength is evidenced by the fact that 96% of our customers said they were satisfied or very satisfied with our overall performance last year. And, 98% said they were satisfied with the quality of their treatment.
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has provided affordable dental insurance to employers, individuals and families across the country. As the nation’s largest, most experienced dental benefits carrier, Delta Dental serves more than 73 million Americans with dental coverage. Delta Dental provides dental coverage to more than 139,000 groups nationwide.