Job Description The successful Senior Marketing Associate is an energetic and detail-oriented big-picture thinker fueled by curiosity, analytical skill, flexibility and creativity. You’ll own the execution of our marketing programs, including our core digital efforts (such as search, display, social and retargeting), as well as our social media and email marketing campaigns, from program initiation through analytics and optimization. You’ll monitor campaign data, question it, and see patterns and trends that inform our message development and execution, always seeking ways to improve results.
You’ll provide a range of marketing, analysis, project management and communications services throughout the organization, splitting your time across our new fast-growing start-up business that’s changing dental care and our two established dental insurance companies. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, you’ll own our marketing calendar, production schedule and timelines, managing various communications and marketing projects from start to finish across the department. You’ll keep senior staff updated on project status; coordinate print, digital, web and social media assets; manage print and collateral inventory; and tackle other duties as assigned. You’ll stay on top of industry best practices, noting trends and marketing technologies to test and deploy, and you’ll support internal research of customer attitudes, awareness and usage that helps us better understand how to reach and serve our customers. Day to day, your responsibilities will be vast and varied, and you’ll work in an ever-changing atmosphere of learning and growth.
Essential Functions: • Own execution of marketing programs from start to finish, including digital, social and email marketing campaigns. Manage email marketing campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle to maximize transactions. Segment databases and customize messages to each audience. Develop test strategies, analyze results and recommend ways to optimize email performance. Execute across all platforms, including desktop and mobile. Ensure that emails follow best practices.
• Complete and communicate frequent detailed analyses of campaign metrics, reporting and synthesizing learnings to inform message development. Optimize messages based on key learnings.
• Own all social media efforts. Maintain and monitor corporate Facebook pages, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media profiles.
• Work with agency to execute digital marketing campaigns, including search, display, social, remarketing and more. Scrutinize trends and results, implement best practices and develop measurement plans to track and optimize program performance.
• Serve as project manager for all internal marketing/communications projects, including cross-functional coordination and verification of information accuracy with key internal stakeholders. Provide direction to and coordination of outside vendors, including graphic artists and printers.
Other Responsibilities Include: • Update and maintain creative asset library.
• Proofread, traffic and assist in producing communication materials that support the following functions: Marketing & Sales, Professional Relations, Human Resources, Finance and general/Corporate Communications, as well as subsidiary entities. Materials may include (but are not limited to) email marketing campaigns, digital advertisements, social media content, brochures, annual reports, benefit literature, print and electronic materials for various audiences. Coordinate foreign language translation of sales collateral materials, as needed.
• Work closely with Project Management Office to oversee design and development of key corporate initiatives, and coordinate communication needs for these corporate projects. Responsible for guiding and managing communications projects for ongoing maintenance and design upgrades for organization’s websites and Intranet.
• Manage production, trafficking and purchasing processes in conjunction with Purchasing Manager. Assist with research informing vendor selection, based on cost and resource criteria.
• Assist in educational outreach efforts in support of corporate dental health initiatives.
• Track invoices and assist with information needed for budget management.
• Provide general proofreading, writing and marketing communications support across the organization, as needed.
• Provide support to Director of Corporate Communications and Chief Marketing Officer for special projects and programs, as needed. Maintain historical records for advertising, public relations and communications programs. Assist in development and coordination of event planning, as needed, in support of PR activities and programs.
Education/Experience/Skills Required: • Bachelor’s degree required • Three to five years of experience in a fast-paced marketing communications environment, preferably in consumer marketing or health care field • Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required • Basic graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus • Deep natural curiosity, a positive attitude, a strong sense of teamwork and a desire to work in an atmosphere of growth and learning are critical • Ability to work well under pressure and on deadline
About Delta Dental of Rhode Island Delta Dental of Rhode Island is the state’s leading dental insurer, administering dental benefits for nearly 613,000 members. Headquartered in Providence, we remain a symbol of strength and stability in the local dental insurance arena.
Our strength is evidenced by the fact that 96% of our customers said they were satisfied or very satisfied with our overall performance last year. And, 98% said they were satisfied with the quality of their treatment.
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has provided affordable dental insurance to employers, individuals and families across the country. As the nation’s largest, most experienced dental benefits carrier, Delta Dental serves more than 73 million Americans with dental coverage. Delta Dental provides dental coverage to more than 139,000 groups nationwide.